Top 3 Christmas foods for humans

etreal

Location (City and/or State)
Monterrey, Mexico.
What is Turron de Gijion?
It is a dessert from Gijón, Spain; made out of almond, egg and honey.
Every Christmas my Grandmother bought a huge amount of it for presents.

There are different ways of preparing it. ‘
I love all of them.

Attachments

• IMG_7371.jpeg
    IMG_7371.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Our fav is...... Smoked Salmon
Roast Turkey with Crispy potatoes, veg and gravy
Christmas Pudding or Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Food is my love language too. Plus when I moved here to Arkansas as a French Canadian I needed to keep all the yummy stuff my mom would make. So to keep tradition alive for my kids I start baking in September and back right through to Christmas. Here's a little bit of the goodies I put out for American Thanksgiving, we celebrate both US and Canada's TG. There's even more for Christmas.

No way for me to pick just three things. But Mashed potatoes, carrots and stuffing are always good. Not southern style stuffing. Nanaimo bars and Sugar pie, plus Nuns farts are all mandatory. If I have time butter tarts get made too. See I still can't pick three.

Attachments

• IMG_20231123_132757781_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231123_132757781_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Food is my love language too. Plus when I moved here to Arkansas as a French Canadian I needed to keep all the yummy stuff my mom would make. So to keep tradition alive for my kids I start baking in September and back right through to Christmas. Here's a little bit of the goodies I put out for American Thanksgiving, we celebrate both US and Canada's TG. There's even more for Christmas.

No way for me to pick just three things. But Mashed potatoes, carrots and stuffing are always good. Not southern style stuffing. Nanaimo bars and Sugar pie, plus Nuns farts are all mandatory. If I have time butter tarts get made too. See I still can't pick three.
That's glorious.
Tell me about your dressing.
Canada is a special country to me. Always has been. I've only made it to Toronto and I was young then.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
That's glorious.
Tell me about your dressing.
Canada is a special country to me. Always has been. I've only made it to Toronto and I was young then.
It's from my mom. Nothing special or even Canadian to it really, but no cornbread or other weird stuff like the giblets or neck like they do around here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's from my mom. Nothing special or even Canadian to it really, but no cornbread or other weird stuff like the giblets or neck like they do around here.
I don't like the giblets in it either. My hub does the thanksgiving dinner and he did the giblets a couple times, minus the liver, that's mine to eat. I don't like it that way at all so he did stop that. He puts sausage in his stuffing. I'm not fond of that either but my son likes it that way and it's tolerable unlike the giblets in it.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Historically, giblets in my family only go in the gravy to make it richer-tasting. They never go in our dressing.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
It is a dessert from Gijón, Spain; made out of almond, egg and honey.
Every Christmas my Grandmother bought a huge amount of it for presents.

There are different ways of preparing it. ‘
I love all of them.
Thank you!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Historically, giblets in my family only go in the gravy to make it richer-tasting. They never go in our dressing.
My hub tried that once too and still didn't like it. We do cook then, separate boiling them in a little water and use some of the water for the gravy if there isn't enough juice from the turkey. Then I eat the liver the rest in the garbage.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I don't like the giblets in it either. My hub does the thanksgiving dinner and he did the giblets a couple times, minus the liver, that's mine to eat. I don't like it that way at all so he did stop that. He puts sausage in his stuffing. I'm not fond of that either but my son likes it that way and it's tolerable unlike the giblets in it.
Try using just a little of this instead of actually using sausage. I mix it with ground turkey for me and the pups and they like it too.KIMG2854.JPGit doesn't take much.

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Try using just a little of this instead of actually using sausage. I mix it with ground turkey for me and the pups and they like it too.View attachment 364339it doesn't take much.
I use a
Try using just a little of this instead of actually using sausage. I mix it with ground turkey for me and the pups and they like it too.View attachment 364339it doesn't take much

Try using just a little of this instead of actually using sausage. I mix it with ground turkey for me and the pups and they like it too.View attachment 364339it doesn't take much.
I use a pinch of this or similar if a soup I've made is bland. Works great.

zovick

10 Year Member!

Your table looks great! Reminds me of my Armenian great-grandmother's tables from my childhood (1940's and 50's). She made everything from scratch, including her own filo dough which she rolled out on a piece of oilcloth on the kitchen table.. She made pans of baklava with a minimum of 20 layers of filo dough! She said if it didn't have at least 20 layers of dough, it was no good!

She also had a 5 gallon crock on the basement stairway in which she made her own yogurt. Every so often, it had to be restarted. It was refilled with fresh milk and a bit of the old yogurt (as I recall). As a kid, I didn't like it very much (too sour), but today, I love unflavored yogurt. Wish I could go back and try hers again now.

BTW, I have that exact same ceramic Christmas tree which is on your table. Acquired mine in the 70's. I assume yours probably has (or had) a lighted base like mine does which illuminates all the colored ornaments when it is plugged in (if it hasn't been broken or lost).

Thanks for sharing all your hard work. Have a great holiday season.