Top 3 Christmas foods for humans

zovick

10 Year Member!
Food is my love language too. Plus when I moved here to Arkansas as a French Canadian I needed to keep all the yummy stuff my mom would make. So to keep tradition alive for my kids I start baking in September and back right through to Christmas. Here's a little bit of the goodies I put out for American Thanksgiving, we celebrate both US and Canada's TG. There's even more for Christmas.

No way for me to pick just three things. But Mashed potatoes, carrots and stuffing are always good. Not southern style stuffing. Nanaimo bars and Sugar pie, plus Nuns farts are all mandatory. If I have time butter tarts get made too. See I still can't pick three.
I noticed the "rulers" for Lucas and Alexis on the walls next to your cabinet doors. That is a great idea.

We did our kids' measurements on the back of the door between our kitchen and our mudroom for over 21 years in CT. When we moved to GA, I traced all the markings on that door so I could transfer them to another door in our new house.

Your idea would have saved me a lot of work!

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
I noticed the "rulers" for Lucas and Alexis on the walls next to your cabinet doors. That is a great idea.

We did our kids' measurements on the back of the door between our kitchen and our mudroom for over 21 years in CT. When we moved to GA, I traced all the markings on that door so I could transfer them to another door in our new house.

Your idea would have saved me a lot of work!
Good eyes, my only issue with them was my sharpie was a bit wide and made the lines on Lucas's ruler look off and it drives my older kid nuts. But it it actually on point for measurements.😂

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Your table looks great! Reminds me of my Armenian great-grandmother's tables from my childhood (1940's and 50's). She made everything from scratch, including her own filo dough which she rolled out on a piece of oilcloth on the kitchen table.. She made pans of baklava with a minimum of 20 layers of filo dough! She said if it didn't have at least 20 layers of dough, it was no good!

She also had a 5 gallon crock on the basement stairway in which she made her own yogurt. Every so often, it had to be restarted. It was refilled with fresh milk and a bit of the old yogurt (as I recall). As a kid, I didn't like it very much (too sour), but today, I love unflavored yogurt. Wish I could go back and try hers again now.

BTW, I have that exact same ceramic Christmas tree which is on your table. Acquired mine in the 70's. I assume yours probably has (or had) a lighted base like mine does which illuminates all the colored ornaments when it is plugged in (if it hasn't been broken or lost).

Thanks for sharing all your hard work. Have a great holiday season.
Nothing beats cooking from scratch. My husband has made baklava before. He likes it best with rose water. Although he didn't make the Philo dough. I love way too many sweet things. Baklava will be for Christmas too. I should try to make the dough from scratch one day. Maybe practice in the summer.

My Christmas tree is a retro kind. It does light up though. My older kids broke my old one😭