To all members

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Hi everyone...I am going to try to get a list going of all the reptile Vets that I can find. Then we'll put it here in it's own section to be used by anyone needing a Vet. So if you have a Vet that you know sees exotics, and you like them and recommend them would you please send all the information, name, address, phone number to me in a private message? I'd really appreciate it. This may take me a while so be patient...thanks!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Candy said:
Excellent Idea Maggie. Did you think of that?

Well, yes, I did. Think about how often we tell a newbie he needs to take his tortoise to a Vet, and because he's new he doesn't have a reptile Vet so one of us more experienced folks have to hunt up a Vet for them. And while I certainly don't mind, it would be nice to have a list that all the forum members could go to...don't you agree?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Plus, Maggie is going to call all the vets she that you folks send her to be sure they still take care of turtles and tortoises. This is going to be a valuable asset to our forum.

Thanks Maggie!!

654519a2mr65l8bp.gif

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
maggie3fan said:
Candy said:
Excellent Idea Maggie. Did you think of that?

Well, yes, I did. Think about how often we tell a newbie he needs to take his tortoise to a Vet, and because he's new he doesn't have a reptile Vet so one of us more experienced folks have to hunt up a Vet for them. And while I certainly don't mind, it would be nice to have a list that all the forum members could go to...don't you agree?

I do agree Maggie. I'm thinking this going to be a great benefit to the forum and the people who come here. I know I would have loved that when I started here.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very good idea Maggie :)
Do you want me to PM you the info of Hermy's new vet even if it is in Canada?

M

Maggie Cummings

Isa said:

Yep I sure do

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
Isa said:

Yep I sure do

I will PM you the info :)
That will be amazing for all new members and all members without a rep vet!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Maggie, do you remember Dawna from Temple City who was on here with her DT's? She sent me this Exotic vet once and she said good things about her. So here's the address and phone number.

Bronwyn Dawson, DVM
Dr. Domotors Animal House
135 West Foothill Boulevard
Monrovia, CA 91016
Tel: (626) 303-7881
Fax: (626) 932-1589

And I found this one in Monterey. I know we just got a member from there.

Monterey
Michael J. Murray, DVM
Avian & Exotic Clinic of Monterey Peninsula
2 Harris Court Suite A-1
Monterey, CA 93940
Tel: (831) 647-1147
Fax: (831) 373-4482
Comments:

Email - 20 + years specialized in avian, reptile and zoo medicine..author, lecture and instructor in several specialties. Willing to work with owner's vet via consultation and is currently on several advisory committee for exotics as well as diagnostic expert for Antech. (06/11/01)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Goodone Maggie. And good to know about the one in monrovia, although its a good 40 minutes from where I live. I'll be waiting for the post!

Akuma

5 Year Member
Stockholm Sweden
Eeeeh, excuse me but isn't your request a little bit... vague?
Is this list international or what?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
She did state she was going to include all vets recommended by members, including Canada, so I assume it would include other countries (this site is originated in the U.S. although we have many international members). What clarification do you need? I assume Maggie needs the vet's name and contact information, such as phone and address.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Akuma said:

Its not vague in the least. If you know of a good tortoise vet, whether they're in Dubai, Hong Kong or Fresno, CA, then Maggie would like for you to send her a private message with the vet's information so she can compile a list.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Akuma said:

I don't see anything vague at all in my request. If you know a good reptile Vet PM me with the information. Maybe the letters PM are too vague for you? That means private message me. You can go to your user settings and send me a private message with the information you have on a reptile Vet that YOU have used and like.
I have been sitting at this computer for 3 hours inputting the information I was given and I have just now made it to Delaware, so evidently only YOU think my request was vague. I think a Vet list is for the betterment of the forum as a whole. I don't care if he's in Redding Calif or Dubai. If your Vet is good send me the information.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
maggie3fan said:
Akuma said:

I don't see anything vague at all in my request. If you know a good reptile Vet PM me with the information. Maybe the letters PM are too vague for you? That means private message me. You can go to your user settings and send me a private message with the information you have on a reptile Vet that YOU have used and like.
I have been sitting at this computer for 3 hours inputting the information I was given and I have just now made it to Delaware, so evidently only YOU think my request was vague. I think a Vet list is for the betterment of the forum as a whole. I don't care if he's in Redding Calif or Dubai. If your Vet is good send me the information.

Oh Maggie I'm sorry I must have scanned the thread and didn't pick up on the PM. Sorry I posted two. :(

M

Maggie Cummings

Candy said:
maggie3fan said:
Akuma said:

Oh Maggie I'm sorry I must have scanned the thread and didn't pick up on the PM. Sorry I posted two. :(

No biggie, they still count!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.