Tiger Ivory Sulcata?

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Byron,hello buddy, That add is with regard to that turtles coloring ,however, I have seen adds for Sulcatas crossed with leapords.not familiar with Sulcatas so I can't tell if that shell pattern is unique. ( I have to call you,I know.).

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Team Gomberg said:
I couldn't see the pictures.

I wonder if it's the same Torts R Us member from here.

I think it is actually. If his name is Adam it should be the same guy. TortsRUs

edwardbo said:
Byron,hello buddy, That add is with regard to that turtles coloring ,however, I have seen adds for Sulcatas crossed with leapords.not familiar with Sulcatas so I can't tell if that shell pattern is unique. ( I have to call you,I know.).

Hey ol buddy. I've seen the crosses between leopardsxsulcatas, but this one appears to be very different. I'm beyond curious on this tortoises history.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Can someone post a good picture of the tortoise in question please. I am dieing to see it .

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
mike taylor said:
Can someone post a good picture of the tortoise in question please. I am dieing to see it .

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 172
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 160
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 163

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
That is pretty, kind of sunbursts down each scute

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats a cool looking sulcata . But it does not look ivory to me . Thanks for posting pictures.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
This would be my interpretation …….;)
....well the tiger part~ :p

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes Jeff I didn't see any ivory in it . I see why they call it tiger but can't see the ivory .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
These are posted on another thread. I didn't see it there and I don't see it now. However, with theirs Jeff posted, woohoo, beautiful.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
Jeff:

Is that the leopard/sulcata?

That is indeed a very pretty tortoise. Almost looks like a star/sulcata.

Here's the thread posted by Tort "r" us:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-83448.html

Yvonne .... great memory
Yes ....although I don't own them anymore. The thread title reminded me of these lil' guys ... sorta wish I held on to them as I had lots of great pics thru the early developments. The person who bought them went MIA on me...:(

edwardbo

5 Year Member
My god, why would you sell them ,they were absolutely beautiful ! The guy probably made some kind of jewelry with those shells , give more info n2torts ,was there a big clutch , how did you get them, think they were fertile ? Diamond what's this turtle got that has you re interest? The color ? Don't know Sulcatas ,is this one that odd,nice ,colorful? !

Diamond, are you planning on breeding this cross ? With all those leopards you've been collecting ?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I was simply just curious on the parents of the specimen and whether its 100% sulcata or whether it had another species genetics mixed in. The main reason being I've never seen a true sulcata with any pattern at all. I think a naturally patterned sulcata would be mind blowing.

edwardbo

5 Year Member
The ONLY one I ever saw had a pattern but not as intense ,was at a show last month in Brockton ma.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
edwardbo said:
My god, why would you sell them ,they were absolutely beautiful ! The guy probably made some kind of jewelry with those shells , give more info n2torts ,was there a big clutch , how did you get them, think they were fertile ? Diamond what's this turtle got that has you re interest? The color ? Don't know Sulcatas ,is this one that odd,nice ,colorful? !

Ed ...I don't want to highjack Adam's thread....unless he gives permission to share the space... There used to be old info about them but I can't find it on here anymore ..or I didn't look hard enough ~:p
The twovI owned were very different from one another and a great example of the "mixed gene"

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Anthony was at the show . Anthony did you see a Sulcatas in Brockton ?. With a light pattern ? Did you happen to get it on the videos taken that day. .? Anthony ,where art thou ?

N2torts ,I think this is diamonds thread ,

It is diamonds

Yvonne will find anything ever on here ,she has the whole website memorized .