Thrilled!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It is not unusual for my Hermann's, Elsa, to come walking up to us. She knows we bring food and even if she's already had her meal for the day, she'll get treats more often than not. If there's no food involved or if she's not hungry, she doesn't really initiate any interaction with us. Until this morning!

This morning, I had already fed her and was doing a little weeding. Although I usually just let the weeds go in her enclosure, there's this one patch of "ice plant" that I'm trying to get well established for her, so I was weeding that patch. I was concentrating on my work and had lost track of her when i felt something on my foot- and there she was! She climbed onto my foot and just sat/balanced there, seeming to watch what I was getting up to! I would have loved to take a picture of it, my didn't have my phone with me. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love it when my tortoises do this sort of thing. Some of them just seem to be curious about what we are doing in their world.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How lovely. So you should have your camera next time when you weeding............Hahaahhahaaaa

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Aww.. it's a great feeling, isn't it? But now that it's happened, she might be underfoot more often, lol. Soon you'll have to keep moving her out of your way every 5 seconds while you're weeding :p

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:D Tortoises have such great personalities! Completely agree with @pfara though, she'd be easy to miss on the ground :(

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Awww, how cute!! My boxie comes running every time I clean, mist or mess around in her enclosure. She doesn't always receive treats, so I think she is genuinely curious about what I am doing, lol'