Thoughts/Opinions on the new a m azon fi re s mart phone.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I tend to obsessively research stuff, especially technology. So first question ( 2 parter) have you preorded it, and if so why did you buy it? I am looking at it and I like it so far, free prime for 1 year,help button, only drawback I see so far is you have to go with AT&T, I honestly don't like being forced. Second question do you see any drawbacks, I am not seein, you know more eyes and everything. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wish my iPhone5 contract was up so I could get one. I love amazon and their products. FireTv is AWESOME.

Elohi(Earth)

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
The amazon phone is the equal of poop. Out of the iPhone 5 iPhone 5s galaxy 4 note and the nexus 5 the nexus 5 takes the game. I love my nexus far more than any phone I've used. Plus it has a fancy start up. Lol

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well i'm a little late ot the party on this one, but I don't think I'd consider it. I mean all phones have their good moments and bad ones but I just don't know about this one. From what I understand they're using their own software like the kindle fire, and I've personally had a lot of frustration with the lack of freedom on my fireHD compared to my android phone. But I did notice the kindle's software was faster most of the time while my phone bogs itself down.
Don't know how I like the idea of you having to be on AT&T some people are quite loyal to their providers, or in my case look for the cheapest with ok service, so that's going to hold people back. And for the free year prime, what about the people who already have it? (this is just a question since I already have prime, would I get my next year free or would it just be ignored)
I honestly wonder is Amazon is trying a bit too fast to get more products out there, mostly since the Fire TV just got released not too long ago. More new products=more bugs=less support and longer fixes. But I also think due to amazon's popularity they're sitting on some good potential, so I guess there's a lot too wait and see

zaroba

Oh god. A smart phone now?
*looks up release date* July 25th ?!?! ugh.

Sorry, I work at an Amazon.com Warehouse. This means I'm gonna be seeing PALLETS of the phone come in this week and next week. Assuming they don't cut back on shipments after the FireTV sales failure (it may be a good product, but Amazon greatly over estimated how well it would sell and we still have tons left from the pre-release shipments).