Thor's first vet visit:)

Thor-toise

Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
So.... brought Thor to a vet 2 days ago to have her first physicals and GREAT NEWS!!! Everything turned out well and he/she is perfectly healthy!! Im super happy about this and hoping he'd stay healthy the rest of his days! I asked so many questions on how to properly care for him and got a lot of helpful tips from the vet. Also, you guys were right about the gender thingy. Doc said too early to tell...but regardless, I'd still keep Thor as his/her name. Just sharing my happiness with you guys, thats all:p

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Great news, but, be careful about the vet health tips.
Mine swears by the coil type CFL bulbs and has very outdated advice on tortoise care.
(And she's so famous she had her own T.V. show);)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I second the what ZEROPILOT said about vet advice. Please, if you want to keep him healthy, follow the care given on this forum. Btw, unless your tort gets sick, there's no reason to take him to a vet. None of mine have ever gone and never will if they don't get sick.
But happy that your happy

Thor-toise

SoCal
Mine swears by the coil type CFL bulbs and has very outdated advice on tortoise care.
Yup! There's still a lot to learn:)

Thor-toise

SoCal
I second the what ZEROPILOT said about vet advice. Please, if you want to keep him healthy, follow the care given on this forum. Btw, unless your tort gets sick, there's no reason to take him to a vet. None of mine have ever gone and never will if they don't get sick.
But happy that your happy
Hoping thats the first and itll be the LAST:) just took her to the vet cause just wanna make sure she's healthy since I adopted her from the shelter. Thanks!:p

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas

That poor lady.. face palm...