This is what my Baby Hermann's Tortoise came in..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie and Torie the Tort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
IMG_4413.JPG

This is what my Baby Hermann's Tortoise came in 3 weeks ago from today.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is there a question or statement about the packaging here?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The purple stuff they used in with him is pretty and colorful, but what is it? Nice looking little one.

Maggie and Torie the Tort

5 Year Member
USA
I am not really quite sure what the purple stuff is, it may just be a cushion/padding for the Tortoise. I thought it was a little odd considering the package did not come with holes to breath through.

Kyoki

5 Year Member
Orlando, Florida
Maggie and Torie the Tort said:
I am not really quite sure what the purple stuff is, it may just be a cushion/padding for the Tortoise. I thought it was a little odd considering the package did not come with holes to breath through.

The purple stuff looks like carefresh bedding. It's bedding used for small pets. My fiance uses it for his Ferret.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Maggie and Torie the Tort said:
While I'm a fan of putting holes in the tops of the containers, and in the side of the outer shipping box, in reality it's probably not necessary. A tortoise that small requires very little oxygen during shipping. I've received several that way for many years and have never seen any issues with it.
However, I do believe that air holes in the container and the shipping box allow for better air flow and make it less likely that excessive heat will be build up within the box. In almost every situation, heat is more deterimental to a tortoise during shipping than cold is.

Status
Not open for further replies.