This is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
I came across this Craigslist ad today. I can't believe they are wanting $225 for a sulcata with a spinal injury. I wrote the person and expressed my displeasure. I doubt I'll hear back.

-Matt

keiraliang

5 Year Member
Dallas, TX
I guess he meant he himself has a spinal injury. I live in Dallas so I saw that post too.
But $225 is a lot and shell doesn't look healthy.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Yeah, I feel bad now. He wrote me back and said that he was the one with the spinal injury. I read that post at like 2am. He doesn't word his post very well though. It looks like it says that he was the one who caused the injury and as she got bigger he wouldn't be able to pick her up and move her around. Notice in the picture how her rear legs are all sprawled out behind her? It looks like they are dragging. It was just a combination of fatigue, bad wording on his part, and a really bad picture.

Hey, since you live in the Dallas area, I'm having a get-together May 1st at my house. Go to tortoise events for more info. I'd love for you to come.

Here is the craigslist post for everyone to see. You can see how I was confused. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/pet/1702513461.html

-Matt

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She looks pretty good to me. Shell is not too bad. The leg thing looks like she's just relaxing. If she's been outside in the sun and eating those weeds, I'll bet she's pretty healthy. I'd buy her if I lived near there. I'd talk the price down a lot, but i'd surely take her.

I'd give spinal injury dude a pass.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Can you see that her "relaxed" picture, plus the talk of spinal injury could make me think that she was the one with the injury?

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
matt41gb said:
Can you see that her "relaxed" picture, plus the talk of spinal injury could make me think that she was the one with the injury?

Not really.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He could have worded it better IMHO, I can see how fatifue could indicate something else, we are all allowed one mistake, you have used yours no more now. :) I think the tort could just be relaxing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
matt41gb said:

No way Matt! You are just one messed up dude. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. I'm absolutely disgusted with you. You need to think of a good way to really punish yourself for such appalling behavior. Sheesh.

:p

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Tom said:
matt41gb said:

No way Matt! You are just one messed up dude. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself. I'm absolutely disgusted with you. You need to think of a good way to really punish yourself for such appalling behavior. Sheesh.

:p

Ha! Yeah, I'm horrible, I know. :D We've actually written several emails back and forth. He's a really nice guy. In my original email to him I was not mean or condescending. I just said that I hope you do the right thing. I even invited him to my get-together that I'm having in May. I told him that way I could make a personal apology to him. :p I'll try to read things more clearly next time.

-Matt

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
First of all... what a warped group.

Second... who would pay $225 for a Sulcata when there are so many 'free' ones being offered.

If I was a newbie reading this thread I'd be affraid to post anything here.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I did mention to him that there are so many needing homes and that his price was too high. This group is pretty warped, but you can't help but love everyone, even the button pushers. Ha!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I'll bet you even offered to help the guy out and 'adopt' the tortoise.

I'm curious as to what was the point of your original post outside of poking the hornets nest.

matt41gb said:
I did mention to him that there are so many needing homes and that his price was too high. This group is pretty warped, but you can't help but love everyone, even the button pushers. Ha!

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Actually I didn't offer to adopt it since I don't want a female with my male. I just asked him to do the right thing, but this was when I thought that the tortoise was injured. I'm not trying to poke the hornets nest, I was just appalled at someone trying to sell a tortoise that at the time thought was paralyzed.

-Matt

keiraliang

5 Year Member
Dallas, TX
I just got a Free Russian Tortoise with supplys few days ago. So..yeah.compare to free, those $200~$300 re-homing fee is pretty expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.