Third day with my tortoise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessbubblegum

5 Year Member
I got my 2year old Russian tortoise, Tootsie Roll, 3 days ago. I was expecting her to be really shy and tired for her first few days here, but she's really outgoing and energetic! She had a really big day today! First, I took her out and let her run around on my patio in the sun. Then I took her inside and let her run around on my carpet. Then I took her outside. I don't have a yard, but there's this big grassy area behind my house with a TON of weeds. She must have run in that grass for over an hour, soaking up the sun. She was so curious and excited, stopping every once in a while to inspect the scenery. She stopped a few times to eat some weeds(I made sure they were edible.) She especially enjoyed the dandelion greens. She got soooo much exercise. She seems so healthy, and her eyes are glowing and bright! Next, I gave her a bath, and soaked her in warm water for 15-20 minutes. I let her dry off and run around in the living room. She was walking around on the carpet while I was setting up her home. Then I put her in her new home(I got her in a blue rubbermaid tub from her old owner, and I kept her in it for a while so she could get comfortable.) She loves her new home. Now it's nighttime, and she should be exhausted and sleep good!

Attachments

• DSCN1967.JPG
    DSCN1967.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Hello and welcome! Tootsie Roll is a cutie and I love the name :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like she is settling in really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.