Thief Caught by a CL Ad

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Our Son and his family came home for a visit a few weeks ago. When he got back to his house, someone had stolen his camper shell. He called yesterday to say he found his shell on Craigslist. When he bought it, he had painted it and done some work to it, so he could detail it all out to the police (missing bolt here, missing a screw there, certain stickers in specific locations, and bad paint here and there). He and his big buddy (both of them are Marines) went to go and "buy"/check it out. Yep, it was his alright. They left to get some tie downs for it and called the police. The thief was arrested (eventually confessed to stealing it) and our Son got his camper shell back.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Woohoo, love it when scums get caught. I don't know if I could have obtained myself from beating the crap out of the guy though first.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
REALLY PROUD that our Son let the Police handle it! He's not known for being calm and collected. LOL Gosh, maybe he is getting old. No doubt he and his buddy scared the "bleep bleep" out of the thief, the thief has been texting him apologies a ton! Our Son instantly purchased a 8 camera security system for his house and installed it just a few days after the theft. Today, he's building a fence around his front yard so his German Shepard can patrol the front and back yard as well. I pity the fools that try to mess with his property the next time.

note: bleep bleeps are self edited, no moderator needed, self moderated. :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats awesome! My buddy down the road had the something happen . But it was car rims . He had a camera system set up to his phone . He was at the gas station and guess who pulls in . The rim thief. He walked up to him and showed him a picture of him taking the rims . The guy pulled the rims out of his truck and gave them back . He said he was just picking up scrap metal . John got the info off his truck and let the boys in blue know and that guy got a free ride straight to the slammer.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I keep telling hubby we need to install a security system .. We have had so much stuff stolen from our backyard and we have a church behind us! We have had a whole wrought iron patio set stolen, a total of 49 solar lights, two Shepard hooks and the hanging flower baskets. A concrete bird bath, two gazing balls.. But they left the stands..and a grill!

The latest event was when my son looked out the window and saw the thief trying to steal our wood rack, he carefully took the wood off the rack and was dragging the rack to his pick up truck full of other "scrap" metal... My son went outside with a " crocodile Dundee" type knife and asked him what he was doing ... The thief said "oh I was was just taking care of this scrap metal for ya". My son said "now what makes you think this was scrap since my wood was stacked on it? And further more who gave you permission to come into my yard?" the guy apologized and tried to leave...son said " now why don't you just haul it right back to where you found it and put the wood right back on it and I won't gut you like the deer I shot last week" ... Creep took off and jumped in his truck and drove away..... I am hoping no one else comes trying to steal anything else! Called the police and gave the license plate info.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Thief Caught by a CL Ad

Watsonpartyof4 said:
I keep telling hubby we need to install a security system .. We have had so much stuff stolen from our backyard and we have a church behind us! We have had a whole wrought iron patio set stolen, a total of 49 solar lights, two Shepard hooks and the hanging flower baskets. A concrete bird bath, two gazing balls.. But they left the stands..and a grill!

The latest event was when my son looked out the window and saw the thief trying to steal our wood rack, he carefully took the wood off the rack and was dragging the rack to his pick up truck full of other "scrap" metal... My son went outside with a " crocodile Dundee" type knife and asked him what he was doing ... The thief said "oh I was was just taking care of this scrap metal for ya". My son said "now what makes you think this was scrap since my wood was stacked on it? And further more who gave you permission to come into my yard?" the guy apologized and tried to leave...son said " now why don't you just haul it right back to where you found it and put the wood right back on it and I won't gut you like the deer I shot last week" ... Creep took off and jumped in his truck and drove away..... I am hoping no one else comes trying to steal anything else! Called the police and gave the license plate info.

I was hoping you were going to say he hit him in the head with a can . Knocked him out called the police. Like crocodile Dundee. Ha ha

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:

I was hoping you were going to say he hit him in the head with a can . Knocked him out called the police. Like crocodile Dundee. Ha ha

Damn! ...he should have done that!