They're finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshine1217

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Deer Lodge, MT
0523121215a.jpg0523121325.jpgAri & Ona are finally here! They arrived about noon yesterday by FedEx to my work. They were the center of attention for the afternoon. I had set up a temporary hab in a sterilite container until I could get them home. They were kinda cold because it was over 100 in Vegas where they were shipped from and were shipped with a cold pack and the weather changed here in Montana and it was in the fifties. I took a coffee mug, filled it with water, nuked it and put in the container with the lid on and they warmed right up.

When I got them home and into their proper home, they ate & explored and when I went to take pictures they had disappeared! This morning I went to turn on their lamp and there's Ari tracking all over the new territory, Ona was no where to be seen. I went back a little later and there was Ona half way out of it's burrow it had dug. They appear to be happy with their new home and I am very happy with them.

I've attached some pics from my phone, I can't download from my camera until I get a new adapter (older DSLR).

I know that to most of you this is old hat, but I am so excited to be a new tortie mom and look forward to a long relationship with two cuties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, it's old hat...but its still fun and interesting to share your excitement with you. Thanks for posting your pictures. Nothing cuter than a baby tortoise.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I agree, it is never boring to see new torts!!!
Keep em' coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.