They have arrived!!!!

timus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern Shore of Maryland
The wait was so worth it! The 4 little ones have arrived safe and sound! I picked them up this morning from the hub because I live a good ways from there and I never get animals before 3-4 in the afternoon. They were soaked and all 4 ate a bit before burying down. I offered dandelion, plantain, mulberry, and nasturtium leaves and flowers. Both the leaves and flowers of the nasturtium were ignored but the others were all eaten. I’ll check their weights tomorrow morning before their soak. They are so tiny and sooooo stinking cute? Big thanks to Chris and Casey at Garden State for the awesome kiddos!!!!5858DEF5-A3AC-48C8-B7FA-4D470BA03AB3.jpeg

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congratulations!!! They are adorable!!! I can hardly wait for my newest one from them to arrive.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
CONGRATS!!!!
Finally! Do you grow your own flowers? Please keep us posted with more pictures/ updates:) I post my mango so much.
Can we see their set up?

TaylorTortoise

Abington
The wait was so worth it! The 4 little ones have arrived safe and sound! I picked them up this morning from the hub because I live a good ways from there and I never get animals before 3-4 in the afternoon. They were soaked and all 4 ate a bit before burying down. I offered dandelion, plantain, mulberry, and nasturtium leaves and flowers. Both the leaves and flowers of the nasturtium were ignored but the others were all eaten. I’ll check their weights tomorrow morning before their soak. They are so tiny and sooooo stinking cute? Big thanks to Chris and Casey at Garden State for the awesome kiddos!!!!View attachment 331213
It does look like the two on the left are lighter/brighter than the other two on the right.
Are they both the same?

timus

5 Year Member
Yup. I’ll snap some pics here in a bit.
CONGRATS!!!!
Finally! Do you grow your own flowers? Please keep us posted with more pictures/ updates:) I post my mango so much.
Can we see their set up?
I do grow a bunch of different stuff for them. Currently I have mallow, dandelion, plantain, chicory, bok choy, mustard greens, dead nettle, pansies, nasturtium, and crimson clover grown out enough to feed. I have an absurd amount of other seeds though and will always start new stuff every week. Here’s a couple of the indoor plants. A7893B7F-CAA5-433C-930E-4717DFBF7F2D.jpeg778F969B-D7C5-4D52-A629-270FC37FEF0A.jpeg

timus

5 Year Member
CONGRATS!!!!
Can we see their set up?
Their set up is an 8 foot long sealed chamber. Hot end is 98 and the cool end is 80. Humidity is 50% on the hot end and 80% on the cool end. I am using fine grade orchid bark that is 5 inches deep. I keep the bark damp throughout. There are a total of 6 hides and two water dishes. For water dishes I’m using 6 inch terra cotta saucers. Here is a couple pics. I think I’ll add one more plant of some sort into the cooler side. The one plant that’s at the cool end is actually native to their homeland and I suspect when they finally make their way down to that end they will use it as a hiding place as well as food. It’s called baby tears. Anyway here’s the pics. Any tips or pointers on bettering the setup will always be appreciated ? My youngest daughter is absolutely smitten with them already. 24515EFA-FEFB-46DE-B28A-53CAC9ED6B02.jpegFA685E35-9B35-4F03-BAFB-F1CDA1DA82C8.jpeg25B4D146-ABD7-4605-AAF3-8A59A5ABB9E4.jpeg

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Their set up is an 8 foot long sealed chamber. Hot end is 98 and the cool end is 80. Humidity is 50% on the hot end and 80% on the cool end. I am using fine grade orchid bark that is 5 inches deep. I keep the bark damp throughout. There are a total of 6 hides and two water dishes. For water dishes I’m using 6 inch terra cotta saucers. Here is a couple pics. I think I’ll add one more plant of some sort into the cooler side. The one plant that’s at the cool end is actually native to their homeland and I suspect when they finally make their way down to that end they will use it as a hiding place as well as food. It’s called baby tears. Anyway here’s the pics. Any tips or pointers on bettering the setup will always be appreciated ? My youngest daughter is absolutely smitten with them already. View attachment 331232View attachment 331233View attachment 331234
Where did you get the chambers? Set up looks awesome! Is this in your little kids room?

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I do grow a bunch of different stuff for them. Currently I have mallow, dandelion, plantain, chicory, bok choy, mustard greens, dead nettle, pansies, nasturtium, and crimson clover grown out enough to feed. I have an absurd amount of other seeds though and will always start new stuff every week. Here’s a couple of the indoor plants. View attachment 331230View attachment 331231
Are the plants being grown inside with special lights?

timus

5 Year Member
Are the plants being grown inside with special lights?
I have one quantum board led light that I grow the weeds and other high light plants under. Then also have 2 of the 3 foot Arcadia jungle dawn led bars that I grow plants under that don’t require high light intensity. And then I have a couple dymond leds that I start all the seeds under. I should be solid to keep a bunch of great healthy food going for them through the winter???

timus

5 Year Member
This room only has the chamber and then on the other side of the room are all the indoor plants. It was my youngest daughters room awhile ago.
I got the chamber from herptastic reptile. It is 2 separate 4 footers that they machined the ends out on and then they just bolt together.

Robivens

Columbus Ohio
The wait was so worth it! The 4 little ones have arrived safe and sound! I picked them up this morning from the hub because I live a good ways from there and I never get animals before 3-4 in the afternoon. They were soaked and all 4 ate a bit before burying down. I offered dandelion, plantain, mulberry, and nasturtium leaves and flowers. Both the leaves and flowers of the nasturtium were ignored but the others were all eaten. I’ll check their weights tomorrow morning before their soak. They are so tiny and sooooo stinking cute? Big thanks to Chris and Casey at Garden State for the awesome kiddos!!!!View attachment 331213
Beautiful babies!!!!