The reptile report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
They're effectively content scrapers. Scum of the Internet.

Edit: I take this statement back. The Reptile Report isn't scraping TFO and they are not scum. See below...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
This was the first time I went there, but it looked like they just summarized threads and linked to them. The end result is that people there end up here. Wouldn't you welcome the increase in traffic, especially since it being a reptile site and all, there is a chance of those visitors sticking around.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
jaizei said:
This was the first time I went there, but it looked like they just summarized threads and linked to them. The end result is that people there end up here. Wouldn't you welcome the increase in traffic, especially since it being a reptile site and all, there is a chance of those visitors sticking around.

:) I so agree, just another source that links back to here!

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Josh said:
They're effectively content scrapers. Scum of the Internet.

That's a strange way to think about it.... They send reptile lovers from other industries to TFO on a very regular basis to read more detail about certain topics. I would think you'd like that. They're not stealing content or acting like it's their own.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
You guys are right and I am very wrong. I retract my statement above. I admittedly didn't take the time to see exactly how TRR is summarizing our threads and sharing links to TFO. Robyn at TRR sent me a nice email explaining the whole process despite my ignorant comment.
Apologies!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I find the site interesting, they give you a short summary but to read the full story or look at the pictures, you have to click the link which brings you to TFO...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmarcus said:
I find the site interesting, they give you a short summary but to read the full story or look at the pictures, you have to click the link which brings you to TFO...

FREE PROMOTIONS!

:D Captain Awesome I do believe.........lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A while back I noticed we got a new member who showed TRR in her username. I tried to find "TRR" by GOOGLING, but came up empty. Would this be our new member?

Judy@SYR

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
A while back I noticed we got a new member who showed TRR in her username. I tried to find "TRR" by GOOGLING, but came up empty. Would this be our new member?

;)
Been lurking for quite some time, and will continue to do so daily as I do my job. But I have to say, I find myself lingering and spending far more time here than I should. I really do love this site.

:tort: ~slips back into the shadows~ :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Judy: Glad to have you here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.