The number lingo question

hellomaloy

Location (City and/or State)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Ok I’m sure this is going to be super common sense, but I cannot figure out what the decimal point means when people are saying how many tortoises they have. Example... I have 3.2 Russian tortoises.

Does it mean they have three two year olds? Or is it male to female ratio?? Where is the sticky for lingo?!?! 😂😂

zovick

5 Year Member
Ok I’m sure this is going to be super common sense, but I cannot figure out what the decimal point means when people are saying how many tortoises they have. Example... I have 3.2 Russian tortoises.

Does it mean they have three two year olds? Or is it male to female ratio?? Where is the sticky for lingo?!?! 😂😂
The first number is the number of males and the second number is the number of females. In your example, 3.2 Russian Tortoises would mean 3 males and 2 females. If there is a second period with a number listed after it, that number is the number of unsexed animals a person has. IE, 3.2.3 would be 3 males, 2 females and 3 unsexed animals. If all the animals a person has are unsexed, the number would be written as 0.0.X with X being the number of unsexed animals.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

You just didn't look hard enough. You'll find the lingo 'sticky' in the Frequently Asked Questions section.