The number lingo question

hellomaloy

Location (City and/or State)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Ok I’m sure this is going to be super common sense, but I cannot figure out what the decimal point means when people are saying how many tortoises they have. Example... I have 3.2 Russian tortoises.

Does it mean they have three two year olds? Or is it male to female ratio?? Where is the sticky for lingo?!?! ??

zovick

10 Year Member!
Ok I’m sure this is going to be super common sense, but I cannot figure out what the decimal point means when people are saying how many tortoises they have. Example... I have 3.2 Russian tortoises.

Does it mean they have three two year olds? Or is it male to female ratio?? Where is the sticky for lingo?!?! ??
The first number is the number of males and the second number is the number of females. In your example, 3.2 Russian Tortoises would mean 3 males and 2 females. If there is a second period with a number listed after it, that number is the number of unsexed animals a person has. IE, 3.2.3 would be 3 males, 2 females and 3 unsexed animals. If all the animals a person has are unsexed, the number would be written as 0.0.X with X being the number of unsexed animals.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

You just didn't look hard enough. You'll find the lingo 'sticky' in the Frequently Asked Questions section.