The Flu

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
~ Just wanted to share regarding this years flu. I have relatives, friends and customers in the medical profession, this year is no joke and should be taken seriously. I'm not saying the flu shot is the answer, because it is not, however it is unbelievable how many that i know has had or has the flu this year, simply epic. We have had several deaths in our area just within the last few weeks, ranging from 4 years old and up. The most recent was a healthy active 53 year old, it hits hard and fast. Please take care and be safe this season.

baldegale

ive hand the flu 3 times this winter. and bronchitis and a viral infection that had nothing to help it.. it sucks

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's bad this side of the. Atlantic too.

There's no excuse for not washing your hands at every opportunity and using anti bac hand gel.

And if you cough or sneeze, then do so into a tissue then bin the tissue and wash your hands. It helps to prevent the spread.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Here in SoCal, people are getting sick 2, 3, and even 4 times. Initial round lasts 2 weeks with horrendous coughing, then just when you think you're over it, a sore throat starts up and nose runs again. That's where I am in the process...[emoji40]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, thanks for the reminder, Greg. We have had news stories here in our town about flu deaths this year too. Just another reason I don't like to go out and be around people.

MrMarg&me

Temecula California
Wow! Right at Christmas our daughter had the flu then what we think was a terrible case of food poisioning. Then I got the flu. Then my husband got the flu and missed two days of work. We are especially vigilant and wash our hands when arriving home from anywhere! Also I always wash the door handle we use from the garage into the house since this is our primary entry.
The only individual in our household that escaped is our son in law!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's been hitting people around here too. Several people I know, including myself have been sick this winter, bad cough lasting a couple weeks, chills, sweats, but so far everyone has recovered. Don't think it was the flu, but it still sucked.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
It's here in Oregon, too. :(

My family doesn't get sick either. Between healthy habits, good diet, essential oils, juicing, Clark's zapper etc we just don't get sick.
But this winter we've all had it, some of us more than once. Sucks!