The Dr will see you now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
Hello again. :)

I'm very new here but see time and again while browsing new and old threads, people asking for help and the same qualifying questions being asked.

May i suggest a subforum ("The Clinic" maybe lol) with a simple template users can copy'n'paste and fill out. Something along these lines:
Your Name:
Tort's Name:
Tort Type:
Symptoms:
Weight:
Enclosure type:
Humidity readings:
Temperature readings:
Current diet:
etc:
etc:
Please attach pictures if possible.

i just think that it would make things easier for you folks and they may even solve their own problem while filling out the form.

Just a thought, hope everyone is well :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Zouave:

This is a good idea. Thanks.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Getting that info up front in a clear format certainly would help. Fantastic suggestion!

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
and then at the bottom post.......PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

:)

I love pictures

doh! I didn't see that at the bottom...you already got that covered :p

M

Maggie Cummings

That's a great idea, I know I and some others are darned tired of answering the same question over and over again, and by the time newbies ask the animal is dead. Newbies need to be more aware of the actions of their tort and ask us their questions before the animal is so far gone nothing can save him...

B K

5 Year Member
I have seen these used on other forums they can be great as long as there not to extravagant some can just scare a new Person off with the questions and the way it is presented .I think an age of the Person is also helpful sometimes people become snappy with someone not knowing they are 12.

This is from the Chameleon Forum
http://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
Hope it is ok to link

M

Maggie Cummings

While I admit to getting irritated at answering the same ole questions time after freakin time, that is exactly why we are here. I think the main reason for this (and other) forums is to answer the questions of someone in trouble. While some of us look upon the various forums as a social place to meet and greet, it's really all about helping the newbie who irritates the crap outa me, but who needs help with his tortoise. Also there are more experienced keepers who need help. I am afraid that if we wanted them to answer some specific questions first that might scare them away and we would have lost the ability to help someone in trouble. So while I do admit to being irritated at having to answer the same ole question time after endless time, I personally will continue to do it. So if you don't want to answer those endless questions head on over to Twitter...:)
I thought it was a great idea at first, but after mulling it over for a while I've changed my mind. I still think it's a great idea, but I mostly think it would scare off a newbie in trouble...

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
I wasn't really thinking about the annoyance factor (you are all very patient), just that it would be more efficient to get the right answers to the asker. As for scaring people away, just keep the questions short and simple and a sentence or two at the top to the effect of its ok if they don't know an answer and can leave fields blank. :)

trust me, you will still have n00bs posting threads willy nilly all over the forums. ;)

B K

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
While I admit to getting irritated at answering the same ole questions time after freakin time, that is exactly why we are here. I think the main reason for this (and other) forums is to answer the questions of someone in trouble. While some of us look upon the various forums as a social place to meet and greet, it's really all about helping the newbie who irritates the crap outa me, but who needs help with his tortoise. Also there are more experienced keepers who need help. I am afraid that if we wanted them to answer some specific questions first that might scare them away and we would have lost the ability to help someone in trouble. So while I do admit to being irritated at having to answer the same ole question time after endless time, I personally will continue to do it. So if you don't want to answer those endless questions head on over to Twitter...:)
I thought it was a great idea at first, but after mulling it over for a while I've changed my mind. I still think it's a great idea, but I mostly think it would scare off a newbie in trouble...

I'm with you on this one maggie :D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I don't get the annoyance factor if some is sick of answering the same questions let some else answer it and move down to the next post that is what the forum is for helping new people who have questions right ?:):tort:

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I like the basic idea, but it really has to be sold to the poor, confused newb that we are just trying to help the best we can be getting important info quickly- that it is in there best interest to fill this out the best they can and not just us trying to be jerks about it.

B K

5 Year Member
Madkins007 said:
I like the basic idea, but it really has to be sold to the poor, confused newb that we are just trying to help the best we can be getting important info quickly- that it is in there best interest to fill this out the best they can and not just us trying to be jerks about it.

Do you think the Forum could be held responsible for a tortoise death with a fixed Questioner it starts to resemble a veterinarians office.Might have to post a disclaimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.