Favorite feature in the update

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I'd like to encourage Josh by listing our favorite feature(s) in the TFO makeover. There are enough threads pointing out the bugs so let's keep this one positive and encouraging!:tort:

I'll start:
I really like the new look but most of all my favorite new feature is being able to hover over a thread title and see a little excerpt of the post. It's been one of my biggest pet peeves when a new thread is created and titled something like, "what if.." or "??" or "should I.." etc. I prefer to see titles that at least sum up or sorta explain what the thread is about. So, this gives me the option to see a little bit of info and decide if I want to open the thread or not.
This may not matter to some people, but it matters to me!:D

I also like the MEDIA/ALBUMS option. I know it hasn't exploded with growth yet but I think in due time will become one of the favorite features.

oh, and I like the like option and getting alerts and the @Team Gomberg thingy.. ;)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I also like the MEDIA/ALBUMS option. I know it hasn't exploded with growth yet but I think in due time will become one of the favorite features.

oh, and I like the like option and getting alerts and the @Team Gomberg thingy.. ;)

I second these!!

Elohi(Earth)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like the speed. I didn't know about the hovering, will check that out and I do like the look too. I still not sure what or how the @ ? Thing works, but when I do, it sounds great:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Barb: You will notice that you get a little red #1 up in the 'alerts' box at the top/right of the screen when someone writes @wellington in a post. This eliminates the need for someone to say, for example, "Wellington would be the one to ask that question of, I'll send her a PM."

Now we can just say, " @wellington would be the one to know the answer to that question"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like the fact that a very small image of my avatar appears next to threads that I have posted in, plus the @ feature.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Barb: You will notice that you get a little red #1 up in the 'alerts' box at the top/right of the screen when someone writes @wellington in a post. This eliminates the need for someone to say, for example, "Wellington would be the one to ask that question of, I'll send her a PM."

Now we can just say, " @wellington would be the one to know the answer to that question"

Those little numbers also show when someone likes or quotes you too correct?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just haven't had the time to get on as much to really play around with all the new stuff. This move we made, is taking up so much of my time, trying to get the new house box free and yard tortoise safe:D
Heck, just trying to remember all the new stuff on here and remembering where I had put the stuff in the new house is an overload:p:eek::)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I like the positivity in this thread! :) :) :) Thanks for making my day, folks!

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
i like the "Like option" + the Alerts + the sleek design + Upload file + EVERYTHING!! :) :) :tort::tort::tort:

Judy@SYR

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
I also love the content preview when you hover over a thread title. Having the creation dates listed under each thread on the "New Posts" list is extremely helpful as well. Makes my job easier, anyhow. ;)

Excellent work on the update, Josh. I know how much blood, sweat and tears go into these massive upgrades and this one was definitely worth it. :<3::tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My favorite feature is.... hmmmm sorry guess I need to go find one of those other threads. :rolleyes: I would guess, as it's just about the only thing I do like, it would be the "alert" button.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
My two favorites would have to be the alerts, and that you can put a time frame on something you want to search, but I do like everything :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wish there were an easier way to find "recent posts."

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One thing I really, really like:

sometimes I type up this really informative, beautifully executed post then I move on, forgetting to hit the "post reply" button. But I don't know that I forgot. The next time I read that particular thread, lo and behold, my un-posted missive is at the bottom, in very light printing, waiting for me to hit the 'post reply' button. This saves quite a bit of re-typing and angst! Great feature.