Thank you Tortoise Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quail

5 Year Member
I'm so glad I found this forum! Everybody in my life thinks I'm nuts that I am in love with a tortoise. I accidentally became the owner of a small Sulcata that a young friend brought to me a few years ago. "Can you put this in your pond with your sliders?" No! She rescued Donna from a person that bought her at a pet store and kept in a small aquarium and feed her only iceberg lettuce. Fast forward 4 years, hundreds of dollars, name change to Don (I thought she had an intestinal prolapse but it was just a penis!) and I am more in love than ever. This forum has helped with a lot of questions I never knew who to ask. Glad to be a member and hope someday to figure out how to post pictures.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
quail said:
Fast forward 4 years, hundreds of dollars, name change to Don (I thought she had an intestinal prolapse but it was just a penis!)

HAHA! I can only imagine... I would probably get my little guy all the way to the vet and trying to explain to them exactly what I saw before realizing that he was probably just having his "special time"

As for posting pictures, the easiest way to do it and the best way because it makes the pictures bigger is to create a photobucket account. On photobucket, once you upload your picture, on the right hand side there will be a white square titled "image links" and all you have to do is click on the "IMG code" one and it will automatically copy it for you, then you paste it in your thread/reply

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hi and welcome!! This forum is great!! I have learned so much!! Great people on here! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi quail and welcome to the Forum!

BarbMaul

5 Year Member
Valparaiso, IN
Welcome. I was really fortunate to find this forum. I thought I had a Russian and it turns out that I have a Sulcata. I thought he was hybernating but he was not thriving. I did what I read and he (she) is full of life and all over the place now. It only took one day of the right care (what I've learned here) and I have a really great baby. I have a lot of preparation for the future. Keep reading and enjoy it here, as I have.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum. It is full of great advice and wonderful people. I can't wait for you to post pictures and be able to see Don. That must have been quite the revelation to find it go from Donna to Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.