Thank God for Texas dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethelbreath

5 Year Member
My husband and I have begun to build our 8'x8' outdoor enclosure here in north texas. We dug 12" around the entire perimeter to place cinder block. Now I'm seeing our labor was practically useless, considering the large amount of limestone rocks. There is no way those little turds would have escaped! better safe than sorry I guess! I'll post pictures as we progress! Hopefully it's done fairly soon!

-JM

5 Year Member
hahaha I hear you! That Limestone is everywhere in this blessed state!
Looking forward to pictures!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Your effort wasn't wasted. I've been amazed at what they can dig through.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Allison:

(I LOVE your username, Ethelbreath! what a great name)

You know, its better to be safe than sorry. The cinder blocks just add another layer of protection and safety. Looking forward to seeing your pictures as the project progresses.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Are the limestone rocks bigger in texas?

ethelbreath

5 Year Member
they are indeed huge. We dug out a rock that was about 15 inches in diameter and weighed 50 pounds! it was huge and had a nice little fossil in it, i'm going to use it in the enclosure!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
This place used to be the bottom of a vast ocean, and the ONLY way to dig a large hole in a lot of N. Texas involves careful use of dynamite...seriously.

Last stock tank we put in, a few months ago, was a hoot! About 100 sticks before we were through. :)

(Good thing our place is outside of any incorporated area...the State just requested we have someone "official" be in attendence...@ $145 a day...otherwise they wouldn't've allowed us to do it ourselves.)

Status
Not open for further replies.