dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
It seems like I'm spending more time in the off topic chit chat part of this forum than I am in the tortoise part lately...

So last night I finally got my husband out of the video games and off the couch and we went to someone's house who has fill dirt, and we need about a truck load to fill in all the holes his stupid dog has dug up in our back yard bc my husband refuses to walk him... (If any of you don't know I absolutely hate my husband's dog... The only animal I've probably ever just loathed completely, and it's not the dog's fault even, my husband won't take him to classes or play with him or walk him so he doesn't know how to sit or fetch or even walk on a leash he'll pull your arm off and entangle himself and my dog and the baby stroller in the process... so he's left to his own bored devices and everyone who is a responsible pet owner here knows what that spells... DISASTER!!)

So we get there and get literally like a fourth of the truck bed loaded and my husband says "oh that's plenty and I'm tired let's go" and I'm like "oh no, this will probably fill in that hole under the shed where they dig for rabbits" and so then I decide that I'll fill the wheelbarrow, all he has to do is take it to the truck and dump it, so two more loads of that and he's telling me to not fill it so full bc he can't lift that much dirt all the way to the car, then he says "why did I marry you" (and only half joking I might add) and I'm standing here literally soaked through my clothes in sweat shoveling dirt into a wheelbarrow while still listening to my husband continue his whining about the fact that his eyes are burning bc sweat is dripping in them from his face and he can't wipe it with his hand bc that's sweaty too, and I'm thinking "because SOMEONE has to be the man in this relationship!!!!" Hahahahaha!!

So my husband was totally a woman yesterday and I was embarrassed for myself to be married to him bc the home owner where we were getting the dirt was out there helping/supervising (basically supervising and bringing us water) and he was out there hearing my husband complain like a woman for almost the entire ONE HOUR that we were out there!

Oh and might I just add we're doing all of this work bc of my husband's dog whom I hate but my husband refuses to get rid of and refuses to take care of!!!!! Oh and p.s. My dog lola secretly hates him too.

And then we got home almost 5 mins before the heavens opened up and literally POURED down rain, so now I have to unload the dirt all by myself today! (Lol at least it'll be quieter!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Rebekah:

LOL!!! Your story is quite funny! I could just picture the big baby. What kind of dog is your hubby's dog? It just might behoove you to take charge of that little project too, and get your exercise in the process. Maybe if you start walking his dog you can shame him into accompanying you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds just like every husband and wife I know. Why do we get married again?

He's your husband and its your household, so its also your dog. Stop complaining and get busy training your dog. Its not the poor dogs fault that he got in the middle of a typical marriage.

The tone of all that sounds harsh, but I'm smiling and laughing the whole time, just to explain how I mean all that. I mean it in fun and good humor.

moswen

5 Year Member
Lol yvonne, sometimes I don't know! He's a husky, and tom I really didn't want him even when my husband went and picked him up (I'm a rescue dog person myself) and if I start training him to be a good dog then I may become attached to him! I know THAT sounds wierd, but I'll tell you why I still don't want him and why I haven't trained him myself:

way back when he was like a year old before I had any torts I found him chewing on a 3 toed box turtle. Then he was found eating a mouse when we first moved into this house (the one that came down in the Christmas box, not the last mouse we had) and then when we got my babies my daughter opened the back door and let the dogs outside when the babies were in their outdoor enclosure and syber had his mouth on moswen when I went out there! Talk about a near death experience, syber probably had one that day! and the last thing that's happened so far is that he picked up one of the baby cottontails I just raised. When my daughter put it down he took off after it.

So, I have encounters like this all the time and I love all animals and I want to always have babies of something, and when we move to the country I don't want to worry about this dog eating a baby goat or duck if I'm not around to stop it. Basically we just can't have him as our particular pet and kyle just doesn't get it. Syber just has that prey instinct in him, which I'm not saying is bad by any means he's a dog it's what he is supposed to do according to nature, it just doesn't work well with my particular soft spot for babies!!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Terryo, are you joking or serious... Haha I really can't tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.