TFO Vet List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Where'd it come from? Does it need updating? I just read that it says it's a "rough" form, so is anyone working on finished form?

Also, I just gotta ask, exoticsdr, are you on there? If not, that list just lost some credibility in my eyes.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Maggie3fan went through and painstakingly called each facility on that list to confirm they have an experienced tortoise vet. I occasionally get emails to update certain info. I'm working on moving the list into a database so we can add search and sort functionality but other things have taken top priority, like fixing the "Loading Please wait" problem. If anyone has experience with MySQL and PHP and would like to take a crack at it, let me know.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
PeanutbuttER said:
Where'd it come from? Does it need updating? I just read that it says it's a "rough" form, so is anyone working on finished form?

Also, I just gotta ask, exoticsdr, are you on there? If not, that list just lost some credibility in my eyes.

Peanut...I've got to figure out a way to adopt you.

Requested being placed on the list but haven't shown up yet, I'm sure that Josh is just super busy and will get around to it one day.

Doc

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Hahah, just kinda randomly saying I want to be a vet :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Peanut...I collected and researched those names and addresses over the time that I have been keeping reptiles. Then before I could send the list to Josh I had to call every office to make sure the address and phone number were correct and they still had a Vet who knew the difference between a Padloper and a Pekepoo... BUT I am not very computer literate so the way I sent it to Josh has made it harder for him. So I take the blame for it not being very good, Josh needs help now from somebody who IS computer literate to bump up the list and get it in A-1 shape...:(

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Maggie did a great job putting the list together and I was able to publish is so that it can be used but, as with everything, there's room for functional improvements. The information is what's important and it's all there. Even Dr. Westin's entry now :)

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Maggie, you did an amazing job and I can only imagine how much work it would be for one person to pull that list out of thin air like it sounds you did. I've used that list in the past and as someone who has benefited from your work, Thank you very much.

exoticsdr said:
PeanutbuttER said:

Requested being placed on the list but haven't shown up yet, I'm sure that Josh is just super busy and will get around to it one day.

Doc

Exotics, I'm not sure you could afford the adoption fee, but I'll keep your information on record and let you know if anything changes. :p

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
PeanutbuttER said:
Maggie, you did an amazing job and I can only imagine how much work it would be for one person to pull that list out of thin air like it sounds you did. I've used that list in the past and as someone who has benefited from your work, Thank you very much.

exoticsdr said:
PeanutbuttER said:

Doc

Exotics, I'm not sure you could afford the adoption fee, but I'll keep your information on record and let you know if anything changes. :p

hahahahaha..and thanks Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.