Is TFO slow for you?

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
For the past month or two TFO has been very, very slow on my computer, ipad and phone. It is this way at my home or using my cellular service elsewhere. With an app or no app. This is the only website that is like this. About 75% of the time when I click on a thread to read it, it times out and goes to the home screen. It took 5 tries just to make to this post. I have PM's that I can't even read because when I click on them it times out. Is this happening with anyone else?

leopard777

5 Year Member
fine here , only pictures take some time to load when click . just that i find threads are slow here , i am back dating to read old threads

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington state
Yes!! It's driving me crazy!! I've even unloaded and reloaded the app. I thought it was me. I have iPhone and iPad mini.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can't speak to the app because I always access the Forum from my PC. I have absolutely no problems on the PC.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
lol It's very sloooow for me today and takes several tries to open a page or post a message... BUT it's because I am trying to be online at home with only one bar of 3G and then it too goes off and on. So for me, it's not TFO but me.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I access irt with my PC ( that is a big smart phone), I only encounter probs, on the real pic. heavy threads, none besides that.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
It works great for me on all my electronics: Mac desktop, iPhone 6 and ipad. :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I can't say for certain that this is what is happening, especially since you say it happens on your phone using the mobile network, but in the past I have encountered problems when I immediately switched from using the forum on my PC to my Kindle. I imagine it's because my account was 'active' from multiple devices, from the same IP, at essentially the same time as mentioned here:
http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-92145-one-certain-site-will-not-load-help

In my case, browsing on my phone was unaffected.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
The most annoying issue to me is being redirect to Google Play store when I am trying to view the site. I understand money has to be made here by advertising but it gets super annoying when I can't be on the forum without being kicked off and asked to download games. Unfortunately my phone is my Internet source so avoidance by use of a desktop isn't an option for me.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
It works fine on my IPhone. The only wait is for photos sometimes.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Usually it runs just fine on my iPhone app. But I have noticed the last week or so there are times when it runs extremely slowly. And also times where it will not connect to the post that I tap, it just says no posts.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
No issue for me on the iPad and my PC. Even I'm in China now.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
This happens mostly on my computer which is relatively new, and has a very strong fiber optic internet connection. My ipad is a few years old, but up to date. Just coming to this thread I had to click on it several times because it kept timing out and sending me back to the home screen. Most of the time I just give up and close it out.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'm A-okay! :D I do use a notbook PC, though sooo... :) Only issue I have occasionally is being unable to pictures from certain members or older threads, but everything else loads great and fast!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
At times it gets so slow that whilst typing the letters show up on the screen after I have typed the whole word. At the moment things are fine.
Why? :confused: