TFO Upgrades

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
The only thing I'm noticing is posts aren't dated anymore. It helps to know if a thread your looking at hasn't been updated for several years. Now there's no way to tell.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
The only thing I'm noticing is posts aren't dated anymore. It helps to know if a thread your looking at hasn't been updated for several years. Now there's no way to tell.
They are dated. ON my computer on the top far left in the black bar. On my iphone same place but no black bar.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They are dated. ON my computer on the top far left in the black bar. On my iphone same place but no black bar.
Ahh, I see it now thanks

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
What is that?
Whenever a post to TFO is made, my phone makes an alert sound. You can choose what alerts you want to get, or the number of them can drive you nuts! ? I don't know if kindle accepts push notifications.You would have to go into settings to find out.

If this didn't make sense to you, basically the list of alerts you have on your screen also gets sent to your device.

It's nice because when you are watching for an answer to a question in a post, you get it directly to your device. You don't need to go to your browser and look for it. You just tap the notification and it takes you directly to that message, like the on-screen alerts do.

I hope this helped.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whenever a post to TFO is made, my phone makes an alert sound. You can choose what alerts you want to get, or the number of them can drive you nuts! ? I don't know if kindle accepts push notifications.You would have to go into settings to find out.

If this didn't make sense to you, basically the list of alerts you have on your screen also gets sent to your device.

It's nice because when you are watching for an answer to a question in a post, you get it directly to your device. You don't need to go to your browser and look for it. You just tap the notification and it takes you directly to that message, like the on-screen alerts do.

I hope this helped.
Thanks. I have my alerts turned off.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Hi there, I like the way the forum looks now. A few problems that I have. I logged into the online version when I noticed that the forum app wasn’t working last month (it’s really been too long). I’ve been checking the forum off and on the last few years. When I logged in, I noticed that my profile name has changed, the amount of posts, threads started, how long I’ve been a member, and I’m 17 years older. My profile name was Blakem (I think), I’m 30 years old and I’ve been a member since 2012. I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi there, I like the way the forum looks now. A few problems that I have. I logged into the online version when I noticed that the forum app wasn’t working last month (it’s really been too long). I’ve been checking the forum off and on the last few years. When I logged in, I noticed that my profile name has changed, the amount of posts, threads started, how long I’ve been a member, and I’m 17 years older. My profile name was Blakem (I think), I’m 30 years old and I’ve been a member since 2012. I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else.
Usernames don't automatically change unless you ask an administrator to change it. Are you saying that @Blake m isn't you? I've looked up both usernames, Blake M and bmynear2 and they both have the same IP address. I think what may have happened, and since it's been such a long time, you've forgotten, is that you made another account in 2015 and just forgot about it. Then when we upgraded the Forum, and you signed in after, your other username came up. Which username do you want to use, and I'll merge the two accounts into one.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Too me sometime to get use to it. But I like it so far.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Usernames don't automatically change unless you ask an administrator to change it. Are you saying that @Blake m isn't you? I've looked up both usernames, Blake M and bmynear2 and they both have the same IP address. I think what may have happened, and since it's been such a long time, you've forgotten, is that you made another account in 2015 and just forgot about it. Then when we upgraded the Forum, and you signed in after, your other username came up. Which username do you want to use, and I'll merge the two accounts into one.

Since bmynear2 is the same as your email address (shown here), is it possible that you logged in thru Google at some point and that made the second account?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
@jaizei : You are the absolute KING! of searching!!!
Well then, seems like we have a possible solution. It really hadn’t been any longer than 2-3 months between a login, but I could have somehow done it through google, I guess. But yes, I’d like the accounts merged, please. Thank you

Sa Ga

MN
Under the text box, do you have an "attach files" button? (on other threads, it looks like its disabled in this thread)
No, I don't see "attach files" as an opt for this thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well then, seems like we have a possible solution. It really hadn’t been any longer than 2-3 months between a login, but I could have somehow done it through google, I guess. But yes, I’d like the accounts merged, please. Thank you
But you didn't tell me which username you want to be known as.