Terrible tragedy

Meezy

Location (City and/or State)
New York
My baby Lucy is gone , she's dead!!!
On my very 1st day back to work I came home and her heat light had fallen on top of her and she's dead ,she's gone. My heart is broken ....I just don't know what to.
I'm so ? sad.???
To everyone out there please make sure your lights are secure; I never imagined this could happen.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am so sorry you lost your family member.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
so sorry to hear this. I lost a turtle to a heater malfunction, so I understand the sadness.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
So sorry this happened. ?
On the 3 occasions in my 65 years that a pet of mine has died due to my not understanding or lack of knowledge, I promise that little departed soul that I will NEVER AGAIN allow any of my pets to experience what they experienced. In the back of my mind, they become a sort of guardian angel for future pets. I have made good on that promise.
When I fail at anything (keeping my pet safe etc) I work hard to remember that Failure is NOT THE OPPOSITE of success. Failure is actually a NECESSARY part of all roads to success. My best lessons all came from what I once regarded as failures; but now I understand (usually) that it is a part of the learning process.
Please don’t be too hard on yourself: I think we’ve all been there.:<3:

Lucy'smom56

Florence, SC
To everyone that sent replies....Thank you all so much!! It is very reassuring to know i'm not alone in this heartache. I took Lucy down to my beach and buried her next to these 3 large tortoise statues/figures they have in the sand park there. she's being guarded now and looking towards the ocean....:( I have had a very long,sad day and I will miss her so terribly.

Lucy'smom56

Florence, SC
So sorry this happened. ?
On the 3 occasions in my 65 years that a pet of mine has died due to my not understanding or lack of knowledge, I promise that little departed soul that I will NEVER AGAIN allow any of my pets to experience what they experienced. In the back of my mind, they become a sort of guardian angel for future pets. I have made good on that promise.
When I fail at anything (keeping my pet safe etc) I work hard to remember that Failure is NOT THE OPPOSITE of success. Failure is actually a NECESSARY part of all roads to success. My best lessons all came from what I once regarded as failures; but now I understand (usually) that it is a part of the learning process.
Please don’t be too hard on yourself: I think we’ve all been there.:<3:
Thank you so much for all your insight!

Obbie

Minnesota
On my very 1st day back to work I came home and her heat light had fallen on top of her and she's dead ,she's gone. My heart is broken ....I just don't know what to.
I'm so ? sad.???
To everyone out there please make sure your lights are secure; I never imagined this could happen.

I have to say how hard it is to lose any Of these sentient creatures. Please take my condolences and prayers ?????

Lisa J

IOWA
I'm so ? sad.???
thats heart breaking- I’m so very sorry

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm so sorry. I'm heartbroken to hear of this.

I don’t even have words to say how sorry I am. My heart cries for you my sweet heart.
But thank you for sharing so others can learn. I am with you in spirit as is your sweet baby giving you hugs. ?

Coco Channell

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Las vegas
So very sorry for your loss. We see our pets again when we pass on I truly believe. She knows how much you loved her.

Hannah89

United Kingdom
I'm so ? sad.???
I’m so sorry for your loss. I have a clamp light and after reading this, I got a new one immediately. I don’t know if it brings you comfort in any way but because of you sharing your experience, there’s a high chance you saved my tortoise’s life