Temporary Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornado

5 Year Member
We've been in our home for 2.5 months and have had our Tort for 1 month. Tornado wants to be outside and the previous (home) owner left this kiddie pool, so I dressed it up for him a little.

Is this ok for him to spend a couple hours in?

I still put him out in our yard, but I've got two kids in school and a baby at home, so I cannot be out with him all the time and he CAN get out under our fences in our backyard.

As the sun shifts, there is almost always a shaded area and sunny area, plus 4 plants he can munch on, water, he likes to dig under the leaves and go to sleep, and I had put his regular meal in, cause he hadn't eaten yet this morning when I put him out.

There isn't much I can do to change it at this point and it's fall in Minnesota, so his outdoor days are numbered for the remainder of the year. Will this work for him for now, so I do not have to bring him back inside every time it need to come in?

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1381342590.974580.jpg

Keri

RT - Tornado - approx 3-5yrs

Last edited by a moderator:

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
It looks pretty decent to me - as long as the weather is warm enough for him, you should be okay for now!

The only thing I can think is that you may want wire mesh over the top or something to keep things out and to keep your tort in.

-Jen

nsmancino

5 Year Member
That's what I'm doing for my sulcata. He's just over a year, so still a small guy. As long as he has some sunny/shady spots and the top is covered it should be ok. Building a lid with chicken wire and a hinged door would be fairly easy.

Tornado

5 Year Member
Thanks! He cannot get out, but I was worried about critters getting in. I check on him as I can, every 30-60min, but I'm sure it doesn't take even that long.

Keri

RT - Tornado - approx 3-5yrs

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
This is a much better idea than free roaming an unsecure yard :)

And it was left behind, free- score!

Sent from my TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.