temperature

low3

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Will 109℉ be too hot for baby leopard tortoises Daytime ?

low3

Florida

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Will 109℉ be too hot for baby leopard tortoises Daytime ?
109 where? Directly under the bulb or the whole enclosure? Either way, yes, that will be too hot. Daytime ambient should be in the low 90s and basking should be 95-100. Overnight low should be around 80.

low3

Florida
109 where? Directly under the bulb or the whole enclosure? Either way, yes, that will be too hot. Daytime ambient should be in the low 90s and basking should be 95-100. Overnight low should be around 80.
I am using exo terra solar glo 80w. The distance between the lamp and the Leopard Tortoise is 14 inches but the temperature is still 109°F. Can I install a fan for them?

low3

Florida
After I installed the fan, the temperature was 93.2°F

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am using exo terra solar glo 80w. The distance between the lamp and the Leopard Tortoise is 14 inches but the temperature is still 109°F. Can I install a fan for them?
Again, where is the temperature 109, or 93 with a fan? Directly under the bulb, or ambient?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to add substrate and raise the light to get the right temps or get a smaller watt bulb and remove the fan. The fan like that is not a good idea and could be dangerous for the torts. You also need to cover the enclosure and please read the caresheet I linked for you and follow it.

Last edited:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey @wellington...I replied to a post here recently with Chinese writings like that...then the next day that very same chinese person hacked my FB account...lol mine? Like I have anything??? @chubba would remember that as he said something about it...wasn't too long ago...a few days

low3

Florida
You need to add substrate and raise the light to get the right temps or get a smaller watt bulb and remove the fan. The fan like that is not a good idea and could be dangerous for the torts. You also need to cover the enclosure and please read the caresheet I linked for you and follow it.
Must a case? Because my humidity at night is 76 and the temperature is 81°F, I think the humidity will be very high after adding the case.I have a exo terra 150 coil bulb that I used to lizards . Can I use for them ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hey @wellington...I replied to a post here recently with Chinese writings like that...then the next day that very same chinese person hacked my FB account...lol mine? Like I have anything??? @chubba would remember that as he said something about it...wasn't too long ago...a few days
I remember those post. I believe the posts were deleted and the person was asked to post in English or give the translation. I believe they posted after that in English. It may have been a coincidence that the hack happened the same time.

low3

Florida
I remember those post. I believe the posts were deleted and the person was asked to post in English or give the translation. I believe they posted after that in English. It may have been a coincidence that the hack happened the same time.
I don’t know why my language has been converted to Chinese recently

low3

Florida
Must a case? Because my humidity at night is 76 and the temperature is 81°F, I think the humidity will be very high after adding the case.I have a exo terra 150 coil bulb that I used to lizards. Can I use for them

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Must a case? Because my humidity at night is 76 and the temperature is 81°F, I think the humidity will be very high after adding the case.I have a exo terra 150 coil bulb that I used to lizards . Can I use for them ?
No the coul bulbs can't be used they can cause eye problems. Shouldn't be used for lizards either.
I don't know what you mean by "Must a case"
If the enclosure is not totally enclosed it's not likely you are getting those temps and humidity during the day at tort level with a reliable thermometer.

low3

Florida
Every time I type, there will be a translator below to translate my language into Chinese. Do you know how to turn it off?I went to other webpages and this did not happen
No the coul bulbs can't be used they can cause eye problems. Shouldn't be used for lizards either.
If the enclosure is not totally enclosed it's not likely you are getting those temps and humidity during the day at tort level with a reliable thermometer.
Ok, do you have any other bulbs you can recommend

low3

Florida
Is my typing language Chinese or English? I don’t know why this webpage translates the words I write into Chinese