Temperature/Humidity Sensors.

Mephitis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
18° 58′ 30″ N, 72° 49′ 33″ E
Need some suggestions on this. This will sit on top of the enclosure where the humid hide is. I wouldn't want to risk placing the sensor inside the enclosure.

This is the one I'm looking forward to buy:

P3bgAPV.png

Do you guys recommend one with a probe?

Cheers.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
If you place this on top of the enclosure then it will give you readings from the room the enclosure is in. You need to place it inside the actual enclosure to get the actual inside readings.
Placing a thermometer/hydrometer in the enclosure will not ruin it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I recommend one with a probe so you can move the probe around to different areas in the enclosure.

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I like the indoor outdoor acurite... I also bought the zoomed hygrow temp and humid controller. I like it for my indoor closed chamber. It has a day and nite setting and keep my Aldabra enclosure ambient air at 85 with 85% humidity.. And this has a display screen that will show you the enclosure reading.

1383411520470.jpg 1383411531185.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mephitis

5 Year Member
18° 58′ 30″ N, 72° 49′ 33″ E
Team Gomberg said:
If you place this on top of the enclosure then it will give you readings from the room the enclosure is in. You need to place it inside the actual enclosure to get the actual inside readings.
Placing a thermometer/hydrometer in the enclosure will not ruin it.

Tom said:
I recommend one with a probe so you can move the probe around to different areas in the enclosure.

mtdavis254817 said:
I like the indoor outdoor acurite... I also bought the zoomed hygrow temp and humid controller. I like it for my indoor closed chamber. It has a day and nite setting and keep my Aldabra enclosure ambient air at 85 with 85% humidity.. And this has a display screen that will show you the enclosure reading.

Thanks for the inputs. =)