temp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Hi I'm looking for some help with my temps. I'm getting a golden Greek hatchling in 2 days and the breeder told me to keep him at the mid to high 80's. So here is what I have. In my basking area it is 101. The surround area Is 95 to 97. On my cool side I have from 81 to 87. Is this acceptable ? Should I change anything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I dont know much about that type of tortoise but hopefully someone will help you soon. :)

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Hi, and welcome! It is so exciting to get a new tortoise...

What kind of enclosure do you have, and what size is it? Your basking temp sounds perfect, and it is good to have a mid range area in the 80s... however, you also need to provide a 'cool' side, which would be room temp at about 70 or so degrees (69-73 range). You want to provide microclimates, so that your tortoise can self regulate how warm (or not) it wants to be.

nannyfan1 said:
Hi I'm looking for some help with my temps. I'm getting a golden Greek hatchling in 2 days and the breeder told me to keep him at the mid to high 80's. So here is what I have. In my basking area it is 101. The surround area Is 95 to 97. On my cool side I have from 81 to 87. Is this acceptable ? Should I change anything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Hi I am using one of the plastic storage bins it is about 4ft by 2. So I should lower the cool side so its about room temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.