Night temp and humidity

stayathomedad

Location (City and/or State)
chicago,IL
I just got an Iberia Greek that's almost one. It's his first night with us so we're concerned and nervous. What should his night temp be? Basking temp is 97, hot area 85, and cold at 72.
Any suggestions on what humidity should be? Now it's around 49% I have earth go and sphageum moss in bottom with coco coir on top. His enclosure is a 54 gallon Rubbermaid tub, like 2x4.
Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't keep greeks, but care for all the Testudo is similar.

Your parameters sound pretty good to me. I like a night temp of around 65-70F for temperate species like your greek.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Please post pics of your tort and his enclosure.

stayathomedad

chicago,IL
Pics are going to be a problem, I can't get it to post from my phone. The enclosure is nothing fancy and looks just like your typical one. This morning he was barely burrowed, after light coming on, 15 minutes and he's out laying in the heat. Temp said 70 and humidity went up to 71%. Do I need to have a dividing wall with a hole cut in it for him to access the cold side or can I leave it out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pics are going to be a problem, I can't get it to post from my phone. The enclosure is nothing fancy and looks just like your typical one. This morning he was barely burrowed, after light coming on, 15 minutes and he's out laying in the heat. Temp said 70 and humidity went up to 71%. Do I need to have a dividing wall with a hole cut in it for him to access the cold side or can I leave it out.

Give these a read through. They should answer your enclosure and heating questions.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/