Teaching Young Adults to Catch Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRaO6KJRj4

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to combine work with my passion this past Friday. I took out the young adult program I run for an exciting turtle related learning experience. Unfortunately, we have no tortoises here, and Eastern Box Turtles can be few and far between, so turtle catching is pretty much as good as it gets :)

These kids really have some tough living situations and getting out in nature like this was a seemingly enjoyable opportunity that most had never come close to experiencing before.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy.

Anthony

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Very nice!!! Thats why it's so important to educate the young women and men of this country to be aware about turtle conservation (do's and don'ts and how to manage natural vs. invasive species.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That sounds like a very worthy project for youngsters, and a lot of fun.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Thanks guys!! It's funny, since I've been developing this group for 3 years, teaching them business skills, but only very recently figured out a way to tie in what I really love. Funny how that works sometimes. I think it can be tough when you love something too much and you don't want to mix the two too much or force things to fit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.