Tallis isn't eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helensky

5 Year Member
The past couple of days Tallis hasn't been eating. She's spent the last couple of weeks (off and on) in the outdoor enclosure enjoying the good weather. One day, when the weather turned cold I couldn't find Tallis, and assumed she dug under as she does if the weather changes a bit - It's not really a big deal because she always turns up the next day. Anyway. This time she was gone for a week and in that time it rained quite a bit, and I just could not find her. When she resurfaced three days ago I took her back in and she has only eaten a little kale since - I've tried her on all her favourite leaves since but she isn't eating. Her legs have lost her plumpness and I'm getting worried. Any suggestions?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
How cold was it outside when she was outside for a week? Its a possibility she is thinking its time to hibernate, or is just coming out of a mini hibernation. I wouldn't worry quite yet if she doesn't have any signs of illness--just keep the temps normal and keep offering a variety of food. That she had a few bites is better than nothing. You can place her in front of the food once or twice a day as encouragement. I would also do some warm soaks. Be on the look out for bubbles out of the nose and similar. Hopefully she'll start eating in the next few days. I would weigh her so you know how she is doing. Would you have any past numbers to compare to? How old is Tallis? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.