T. hermanni hermanni In The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I managed to get my breeding groups of T. hermanni hermanni outside for a few days here and there to graze, but it's still a bit too chilly to put them out for summer. In these photos there is a combination of Italian, French and Spanish animals. I tried to fit as many as I could in the photos. They are always separated by origin but are together just for this, here are some pics:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

In a previous post, I announced the birth of the very first USA born and bred T. hermanni hermanni from the island of Majorca in Spain. Here are some pics of her after she left the egg:

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
They are all so beautiful and healthy looking, and probably happy to be outside. Your hatchling is a notable achievement.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are beautiful all by themselves, but when you see a group of them together, it is just stunning.

That baby is adorable. I hope you get many more.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Tom said:
They are beautiful all by themselves, but when you see a group of them together, it is just stunning.

I agree, I LOVE those pictures!!
The baby is so adorable :D

helensky

5 Year Member
I have 2 THB's but the more I see them the more I want THH's! stunning! Are they fully grown?
Also, just a passing query, I noticed with your torts that some of them seem to be grazing on the grass, but my THB's don't digest it very well and rarely try to eat it - do yours digest it? Is this a sub-species thing?

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thank you.

Most of them are fully grown, only 2 females in my entire collection reach 6", the rest are all at between 4.5" and 5.5", they begin laying eggs at 4".

They do not consume much grass there is plenty of clover and dandelion in that area so they pick at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.