Swelling

Peggynurse

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
When I fed my tort critical care I made a paste of it and spread it on romaine leaves which was the only thing he was interested in. That may not be very helpful if he isn't eating though. I hope he's better soon.
I tried spreading it on her food that she was eating and she just walked away uninterested

zovick

10 Year Member!
I know. Have ya seen the price? lol
Yes, I have seen the prices. I fed Bene-Bac to all of my tortoises once a month for years. Actually, the powder is much more economical than the paste if you plan to use it for any length of time and/or have multiple tortoises. You get 283 g. for $25.82 so the cost is a hair over 9 cents per gram. The paste is 15 g. for $11.19 which works out to just under 75 cents per gram. There is also a smaller size of Bene-Bac which is 127 g. for $17.32 or just under 14 cents per gram.

The Nutribac powder you noted is about 31 cents per gram.

Admittedly, with just a single tortoise, it may be more sensible for this OP to buy the paste since the total dollar amount spent is lower and 283 g. is probably way more than Peggynurse will ever be able to use before the expiration date..

From the wording of your post, I couldn't tell whether you knew Bene-Bac also came in powdered form, so just wanted to make readers aware of that.

Peggynurse

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Well I am glad I didn't let the Vet go crazy and spend 800 dollars after a week on antibiotics Koa's swelling is gone and she seems to be back to normal for the most part. I think she hates me now cause of the injections. I guess it was some sort of infection ??? I did take a x-ray at work not that I know how to read a tortoise x-ray haha !

Attachments

• Misc 2.jpg
    Misc 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 5