Summer Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
While covered in snow here in NJ I began looking through my photos from this past summer to put me in a better state of mind...

Here are a few shots of my T. hermanni hermanni from Majorca, Spain outside on a bright and sunny day. Can't wait to get them back out into their pens!

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
They are beautiful, i just love the contrast and the rich colouring of testudo hermanni hermannis.

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
Hehe, the one on the right in the plastron pic looks headless. The other one is doing what I've known every turtle/tortoise to do when you flip them - stare at you as if to say "I know where you sleep!" :p

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We are with you on this one Chris. Come on warmer weather!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Beautiful torts. I was just outside enjoying my torts when I came in for a little lunch. I'm actually just finishing Daisy's new outdoor pen. She'll move outside permanently this spring. I don't know how you folks from cold weather states do it. I just couldn't live that way. I go nuts if its too cold for a week or two here to put the babies out. I can't imagine five or six months of that.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone :)

Believe me I have thought about moving south many many times, just too much holding me here at this point in my life. Maybe someday!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Summer seems so far off with another ft. of snow coming tonight,but it's coming..I tried the moving South thing back in 91'. Wasn't for me then but looking at Aldabs really has me thinking.

moswen

5 Year Member
well, those are all three beautiful hermanns, but i absolutely LOVE the patterns on the first one!

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thanks again!

They are stunning animals, the group consists of 11 animals, in the photos 8 different ones are shown.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Very nice Chris!

I had the fortunate experience of seeing Hermanni Hermanni from Majorca. They are very neat, beautiful, and unique tortoises. A friend of mine has had a group for around 20 years. They still retain a brilliant color, pattern, and size!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow!! They really are stunning!!
Nelson and I can't wait for summer either ;) I need to get out of Chicago!!

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thanks once again!

Oh yeah we got hit here at the beach with plenty of snow AGAIN. :(

Gummybear, are you talking about Bob's hermanni? I believe his are from Menorca, they are a bit larger there with darker skin. He sent me photos of his not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.