• IMG_6393.JPG
    IMG_6393.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 82

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad they seem to love it, however it's way too small for two sulcatas and they should not be housed together and soon, if it hasn't started already, the little one will be getting bullied and it's health will decline. Read Toms threads.

Rue

Canada
Are you building them each one?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey that's cool.

Watch the temps in there carefully on hot days. It could easily over heat when closed in on three sides like that. And on your next one, I wouldn't use OSB. It doesn't hold up well when kept damp.

Lindsey28

Charlotte, NC
Yeah this is just temporary for a couple months while I'm gone and my parents are taking care of them - they're still pretty small and definitely have a LOT of space to adventure. Even though it's hot, I made sure that where they're placed is more than half in the shade and with usual cooling winds (also there are two different watering holes for them to cool off in)

When it rains, my dad places a tarp over the half that's not under the pool overhang so they don't get soaked and the wood stays mostly dry (ALSO, We lifted the whole habitat up and placed platforms beneath so the wood on the bottom doesn't sit drenched all the time to rot :)

TSchadel

Kansas
Awwww - I remember when Irwin was that small - last year! They grow extremely fast! Irwin is a little over 2 years and when I "inherited" him from my daughter - he was like 4 ounces. He is now almost 7 pounds! I think you might want to separate the two. Are they the same age? One definitely looks bigger (older?) than the other.
Pretty cool for sure!

THEELEG

Houston, TX
Glad they seem to love it, however it's way too small for two sulcatas and they should not be housed together and soon, if it hasn't started already, the little one will be getting bullied and it's health will decline. Read Toms threads.
Happened to me

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Pleased your cute torts like the enclosure. Please separate them asap.

Good luck.