sulcates tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattkearley

5 Year Member
hello i am new to the forum i got my tortoise yesterday he is only 4 weeks old i may be worrieing over nothing but he seems to sleep alot today when i woke up i went to check on him and he was awake but a bit un sure so left for a wile and checked again he been moving about ok i thought i would bath him he seem to like it after that there was no stopping him running around he was even on his back ones but ive sorted that out then he eaten two little leaves off a weed then he berried him self and went to sleep i checked temps hot spot 30% and 25 up the over end he is sill a sleep now how much should they eat and do babys sleep a lot

M

Maggie Cummings

Babies do sleep a lot. He should probably eat a small handful daily. I feed my babies twice a day in the morning and in the evening before bed...

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Welcome to the forum. After you read the link that is listed above you will have lots more questions. The good thing is you have a new baby tort. That gives you the opportunity to care for him right from the start. There is lots to learn and do for these little ones. Have fun and check back often.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome Matt. A little punctuation and some occasional caps would make your posts and questions easier to understand. I'm not trying to pick on you, but that was kind of hard to follow.

How long have you had him? They often take a few days to settle in, but his appetite should pick up soon. Hydration is really important for little ones. Are you soaking yet?

mattkearley

5 Year Member
thanks for all your replys that link realy helped,im going to follow that info as close as i can so he grows up smoothed shell and healthy. I try to remember full stops capatal letters,i live in england in essex and i have had him for two days now. He up running around now and he has eaten most of his weeds for the day so im happy im doing everything right i will try and keep photos posted when i learn how to do it again thanks for all your reply matt

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
mattkearley said:
hello i am new to the forum i got my tortoise yesterday he is only 4 weeks old i may be worrieing over nothing but he seems to sleep alot today when i woke up i went to check on him and he was awake but a bit un sure so left for a wile and checked again he been moving about ok i thought i would bath him he seem to like it after that there was no stopping him running around he was even on his back ones but ive sorted that out then he eaten two little leaves off a weed then he berried him self and went to sleep i checked temps hot spot 30% and 25 up the over end he is sill a sleep now how much should they eat and do babys sleep a lot

Yes they do sleep ALOT! I hatched 3 greeks and i was surprised how much they slept....they burrow down into the substrate and sleep all the time... as they get older he will start to eat more and more....my babies are going on 6 months and the 3 hatchlings will eat as much as mom!! and she is 7-8 inches!! they are piggies!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.