Sulcatas in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
So far no it's been pretty good. The garage door insulation kit made a pretty big difference. It was in the 30s the other morning outside and 60s in the garage outside of the box. I have a smith machine out of view and when I work out in there I'm in shorts and a t shirt and am comfortable. I do have a tarp though to throw over the top to keep heat from getting out more but I don't think I'll need that until the temps get into the single digits outside. I might move the pig blanket down below though, since summer has ended they do stay on the lower level more but before that they were almost always up top.

ahhwataday

5 Year Member
Rockville, VA
O yea seems to be working very well. Saying you wear shorts means nothing to me. You probably start sweating at 70 degrees, thats when i take off the jacket hahahaha

Im working on a smaller scale versions of your set up. Looks good. Do you let them walk around inside your house?

JayMillz

5 Year Member
Minnesota
As much as I want to let them run around the house, I can't. We are renting a townhouse and I'm worried the walls will get damaged. When we buy a house in June (hopefully), it will be a different story. I like wellingtons idea of giving them the garage in the winters. Then I can just tack some plywood around the sides of the garage and be good to go. Then that box would just be their warm spot

Status
Not open for further replies.