Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
larrysgularlegs-2.jpg

Well, here's my first attempt at moving a photo from photobucket to the forum. I think its going to work. This is a VERY interesting picture. This sulcata was chewed by a dog when it was a very small tortoise. The interesting thing about it is that the gular area grew leg skin instead of gular material. I'm saving this picture for posterity because I find it so fascinating! The tortoise has been adopted out, so I can't save him for posterity!

Yvonne

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thanks for sharing that pic Yvonne. I had seen him before, and yes that is very odd indeed. Do you still have contact with his adopters? Any chance of receiving updated pics of him? Would be interesting to see him grow.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
larrysgularlegs-2.jpg

Well, here's my first attempt at moving a photo from photobucket to the forum. I think its going to work. This is a VERY interesting picture. This sulcata was chewed by a dog when it was a very small tortoise. The interesting thing about it is that the gular area grew leg skin instead of gular material. I'm saving this picture for posterity because I find it so fascinating! The tortoise has been adopted out, so I can't save him for posterity!

Yvonne

Hallelujah!!!

Yvonne asked me to help her insert pics from her PhotoBucket. And it worked!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Amazing how these lovely creatures keep going under all types of circumstances

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Redfootedboxturtles said:
whoa that is so weird. I look me a couple sec to figure out what I was looking at . Amazing!

I should have placed a normal, healthy-looking sulcata next to him for the shot so it would be easier to see the comparison. I'm amazed that leg skin would grow there. I would have kept him except I already have a male sulcata and he senses when there's another sulcata on the property and rams the fence until he breaks it down. It upsets him so much that I wouldn't dream of ever getting another sulcata.

Yvonne

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yeah that sulcata should live alone or at least with out another male. He doesn't have any protection.

I would of thought regular skin would of grew there. But it makes sense because he needs those ruff scale plats underneath. Regular skin would get cuts and scrapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.