Sulcata Tortoise for Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

alja

5 Year Member
Hi, I just rescued a sulcata turtle about two years old. The lady where I took it from didn't know how to feed her and actually rescued it when baby because the original owners didn't want it anymore, so she is fine but has been fed only with zucchini and lettuce she started to show the pyramid shield which from I have read is a sign of poor nutrition or too much protein. Anyway, I am looking for any one who truly cares about turtles and would be able to offer the home she deserves and need. I live in a small house and sadly but realistically I cannot take care of her. The adopter should live in south florida which is the best climate for "Paca".

Thanks to all that read and feel that can help to give "Paca" a better home.

You can PM for more information or photos if desired.

graine

5 Year Member
I don't feel qualified to give advice, however "Tom's" threads are the best source regarding sullys.

Gary tortise fan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Gary: I believe the OP (alja) is looking for someone to adopt the tortoise, not looking for ideas on how to care for it. But thanks for responding.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I live in Florida although not in the southern part. However, I have just started building an outdoor enclosure that is huge...huge enough for three sulcatas. I am currently converting a shed into an insulated room so that my sullies will be able to live there all year round. I can take one more if you have not found a good home for her yet. Send me a PM if you're interested in placing her with me.

fiveash

5 Year Member
Id be interested I live in south georgia

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My guess would be that the only way to ask about this tortoise is to send an email. The OP joined the forum, placed the ad, then never returned. So PM's or replies to this thread are going on deaf ears.

disdatdude22

5 Year Member
I live in tampa florida and i'm willing to take care of her i have 2 sulcatas already and i feel as if i'ts not enough.lol but if interested call or text 813 385 2224

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
disdatdude22 said:
I live in tampa florida and i'm willing to take care of her i have 2 sulcatas already and i feel as if i'ts not enough.lol but if interested call or text 813 385 2224

Please read post #9.

tffny said:
Where are you located?

Please read post #9.

alja

5 Year Member
I am so sorry for not monitoring the thread and just realize for an email I got that many people had answered, I am in south florida in boca raton. so I guess the nearest one with the enough place kindness and food to have it will be the best, I'll be answering the pm from now on.
once again sorry for not replaying and thank you to the community and all the kind people that is willing to take my turttle.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I live in delray ...thats 10 min. From u

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Im in delray

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well now Im wondering since the OP is back on if the poor sully got to its new forever home yet or not...???

alja

5 Year Member
We haven't found yet a home for the turtle, I will post it once we do. We hope to find some body nearby (boca Raton, florida) so we won't have to ship her and if possible visit; That has the means and the heart to take well care of her (I don't really now if it is a she or he but we refer to her as a she) hopefully a big yard since they grow big.

fiveash

5 Year Member
I live im brunswick ga dont know how far that is from you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TortForum mobile app

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
This lady wont answer, i offerd also that i take it in im just 10min.away feom her,and i do have the room
But no answer from her side...

alja

5 Year Member
I am sorry Sandra but I've had so many responses that it has been difficult to make a decision, all we want is the best for her, she is already a family member so you would understand why we haven't just decided yet.

Thank you anyway and we will let all know once we have decided

Status
Not open for further replies.