Young Female Sulcata for Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delilah1623

Hello,

I took on a rescued sulcata a few months ago. I live in WI and hate the thought of her being inside 8 months out of the year. I would love to find her a good home where she can be outside year round. If you are interested please contact me!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Free, or cost?

Delilah1623

She would be free to a good home but transportation would need to be arranged. She is only about 7" now so in no huge hurry. Just want her to go to a great home.

storkwe

South Mississippi
Hello,

I took on a rescued sulcata a few months ago. I live in WI and hate the thought of her being inside 8 months out of the year. I would love to find her a good home where she can be outside year round. If you are interested please contact me!
Do you have pics? Is she healthy?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can't tell the sex on a 7" sulcata. They all look female at that size. I would just offer it as a free tortoise, sex unknown, so that someone doesn't end up with more than they bargained for.

Good luck in your search for a new home, and kudos to you for looking out for what is best for the tortoise.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Also, make sure the adopter isn't looking for a friend/mate for an existing animal.

Be firm that they are solitary and don't want or need company. This is in the best interests of your tort as well as theirs :)

Better still make sure the adopter joins TFO. Good luck :)

Delilah1623

She is still available. I would prefer for her to be an o my tortoise as they can get aggressive towards eachother.

I thought she was female but Tom knows way more than me so I guess it is still possible "she" is a he.

I would prefer not to ship but we could try to work out some type of travel arrangements.

She is healthy and eats well. She loves to be outside and wanders around like a little goat just munching on everything.

I have been trying to upload pictures but it tells me I do not have permission to perform that action... if you want to look me up on Facebook I am under Slow Poke Tortoise Rescue. You can add me and I will also make a public post with her pictures. Her name is Posey.

KileyReagan

She is still available. I would prefer for her to be an o my tortoise as they can get aggressive towards eachother.

I thought she was female but Tom knows way more than me so I guess it is still possible "she" is a he.

I would prefer not to ship but we could try to work out some type of travel arrangements.

She is healthy and eats well. She loves to be outside and wanders around like a little goat just munching on everything.

I have been trying to upload pictures but it tells me I do not have permission to perform that action... if you want to look me up on Facebook I am under Slow Poke Tortoise Rescue. You can add me and I will also make a public post with her pictures. Her name is Posey.

Where are you located? I may be able to drive a little ways to meet you.

longtimetorter

Hi Delilah, my name is Steve and I live in Slinger WI. I've been keeping tortoises (over 14 species) successfully here for over 35 years.
I'd be happy to get him/her a great home if you still have him/her available. I'd be happy to send you some pics of my 'Tort' rooms inside as well as my heated outside areas to show you I take the absolute best care possible for my precious collection. lmk either way thanks, Steve

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi Delilah, my name is Steve and I live in Slinger WI. I've been keeping tortoises (over 14 species) successfully here for over 35 years.
I'd be happy to get him/her a great home if you still have him/her available. I'd be happy to send you some pics of my 'Tort' rooms inside as well as my heated outside areas to show you I take the absolute best care possible for my precious collection. lmk either way thanks, Steve
WOW! ! ! !

I'm not sure about Delilah..........But I will be excited to see your enclosures for all you torts, indoor and out. Of cause....All 14 species of your torts.:):);)

More picture are better. :D:D:D:D:D:D

BTW~~ Welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I second Bouaboua! I would love it if you would start a new thread in the Enclosure section and show us some pictures (and introduce yourself!)..

longtimetorter

Hi Guys, unfortunately my son is the tech savvy one in the house and I had a hard enough time loading my profile pic lol....please walk me through where I can post more pictures and I'll have to get my son to transfer some more of my pictures from my phone to the computer. I'll take a bunch this weekend...
About me: I got pretty much every type of aquatic turtle there was to catch in Wisconsin as a kid, kept them all summer in turtle ponds my parents helped me build, and then let them all go (always where i found them) at the end of every summer. Then about 14yrs old I got my first Tortoise (an Elongated) from a local pet shop and he was a mess. Full of parasites extremely dehydrated and sunken eyes. I took him to the town vet and he wormed him rehydrated him and got him good enough for me to take home. He lived another 18 years with me and finally died of old age but since then I've been hooked. At one time I housed over 100 Tortoises but my wife made me realize it was getting a little overboard so I thinned it down to a manageable 35ish over the years. They all went to extremely good and knowledgeable keepers, but I do still regret selling my Pyxis. I had a great group and they produced about 8-12 new babies every year!!!! And now I'm divorced..lol

Delilah1623

Hi Steve,

I would love to see your enclosures as well! I would really really love to find her a home where she can be outside most of the year as she loves being outside so much. What do you do with your sulcata in the winter?

longtimetorter

Hi Delilah,

I understand if you'd prefer to find nice southern habitat. I work second shift in a restaurant so I will work on posting pics Sunday night and Monday...
If you are ever down in the Slinger area you're welcome to stop over and see my set-ups in person. My # is (262) 224-0637 if you'd like to shoot me a text I could send you what I have on my phone for now...The sulcata in the pic is Herman and has been raised here by me personally since hatchling now 22yrs old.

Delilah1623

That sounds good (=

If you ever want a painted turtle let me know! I have 2 for adoption and no interest! Lol

longtimetorter

That sounds good (=

If you ever want a painted turtle let me know! I have 2 for adoption and no interest! Lol
I would just release the painteds in nice marshy pond they'll thrive better there than anything we can provide. Just do it soon so they have time to acclimate before winter. I do have three nice ponds on my property they are home to many snapping and painteds if you can't find a nice area.

Status
Not open for further replies.