sulcata sleeping habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersmile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
so its been about 5 days since i have babysat the 6inch sulcata tortoise, named it lola by the way :) but i have the heat lamp on the left side of the big enclosure, and it had the past few days slept on the farthest possible spot from the lamp in the corner half under its log, and half under the grass teepee i made for it. change the grass everyday. from the same spot evrytime.

but it just randomly started digging under the lamp, and is now sleeping their, its not covered by the dirt just surrounded by it. is this normal? is it because its not used to its new home? sleep from about 7pm-8am.

its warmer in my house then it had been the past few days.

i use sand and eco earth stuff together about 2 inches from the bottom of the enclosure.

Lulu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Mine digs into the dirt but not under it (i.e., his shell shows), usually on the edges of the heat lamp, sometimes further out. Every once in awhile, he'll randomly sleep somewhere else. He goes to sleep when it gets dark and slowly wakes up about 8 a.m. and then takes random naps during the day. Lola sounds pretty normal. :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Are you turning off the light so she sleeps in the dark? What do you consider a heat lamp? Could you give her deeper substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.