Sulcata looking for a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamiltrg

5 Year Member
017.JPG

I found a tortoise the other day and I am looking for its owner. If nobody comes forward, I need to find it another home. Right now, it is in our fenced yard. We live in the Tampa area. Any suggestions on how to find it a home? It looks like a very healthy sulcata. Probably about 20 inches and about 25-30 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi hamiltrg:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Put up fliers on the utility posts around the neighborhood where he was found. Ask your kids to go door-to-door and ask people if they've lost a tortoise. Place an ad in the newspaper ("found" ads are free) and on Craig's list.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This is a well cared for tortoise. They are escape artists. You will find the owner with some effort and they will be so happy to get their pet back. :cool:

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
I am sure there is a very worried owner out there looking for there little escape artist he looks like he is good shape and well taken care of..I hope you find its owner im sure they will appreciate your efforts i know i would.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my, that is a beautiful and well taken care of Sulcata! I don't think you will have any trouble finding it's previous owner. Post flyers around and maybe in your local grocery store. Also call any exotic pet vets in your area. When I was in my vets office there was a huge sign for a missing tortoise. Thank's for taking him in!! That was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.