Sulcata in RI-$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Don't worry it looks like they threw a head of romaine in the corner of the cage, that will make it all better.

Poor guy, look at his back legs...looks like me might not even be able to use them!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
It is devastating. I look at the tortoises on UK classifieds, and I don't know why because it always gets me down.

It's such a shame they're trying to charge so much for that sulcata, but all the more reason to spend that kind of money - getting that poor thing out of that environment would be a worthwhile use for the money.

I only want one tortoise. I'll only ever want one tortoise, but I want to rescue about 80% of the ones I see for sale.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Did you see him giving the bird in the last picture?
Also if that is it's permanent enclosure, that is pretty sad. Buying it at 1000 will only reward and encourage their behavior.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That one is in bad shape MBD for sure and who knows what else...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So sad. It does not have to be that way. We know how to do it correctly...

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Those are CEDAR CHIPS they are keeping him on... God, I can't believe he is alive, so heartbreaking...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I could not help it, I sent an email to them suggesting that they look up the phrase Metabolic Bone Disease and I did it with concern and informative attitude (as these folks may truly not know what the heck they have contributed to, you know?) and also told them to email me if they would like any direction on how to care for a tortoise and thanked them for their time and wished then luck in finding a caring new home as well as someone knowledgable in offering the correct treatment for his tortoises ailment....hope he does....very sad.:(

lisalove

10 Year Member!
Southern California
dmmj said:
Did you see him giving the bird in the last picture?

Heehee! I noticed that too.
The rest of it is all very sad and very difficult to look at, poor little guy.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
ascott said:
I could not help it, I sent an email to them suggesting that they look up the phrase Metabolic Bone Disease and I did it with concern and informative attitude (as these folks may truly not know what the heck they have contributed to, you know?) and also told them to email me if they would like any direction on how to care for a tortoise and thanked them for their time and wished then luck in finding a caring new home as well as someone knowledgable in offering the correct treatment for his tortoises ailment....hope he does....very sad.:(

Good for you!!
Let us know if they respond....and if they do ask what they want if someone only wants to take the tortoise and not the "habitat"......if you can call it that!!!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Ugh, god that's awful...I really just have no words. That's really distressing, like, put the poor thing out of its misery distressing :(

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
good. Im glad someone sent a message to them.. THAT is what should be done. Educate! some will refuse to listen or learn, but the ones that do.. will hopefully save future animals..

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
that poor tortoise. its shell looks to small for its body! I hate to think what might happen if he doesn't get the 1000 he is asking for it. i think he was trying to scratch its neck in the last picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.