Sulcata Hatchlings Doing Well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachgirlartist

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Hello all,
The 13 hatchlings all seem to be doing well so far! In case you didn't see other posts, we found 13 babies in the yard since 9/15, and they've been brought inside.
So, to keep track of who is eating, I've been putting a small dot of paint on the shell when I see one eat. Only 1 dot, 1 time. Just so that I can keep track of who has at least been seen eating once. Does anyone on here feel that this is detrimental in anyway? Or would potential buyers frown on this or freak out as to why I used paint? I personally think it's just fine, but wanted to see what others thought.
I also marked one of my adults a few yrs ago so that I could tell who was who if one was down in the burrow. They are both 8 yrs old and I got them both when they were 2-3 weeks old. As they got bigger, I did this, again just so I knew who was above ground.
Cheers!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't like to use paint on them. I worry about possible side effects on a tiny hatchling. At least try not to get it in the scute margin where new growth occurs. Keep it right in the middle of the scute, not touching the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.