Sulcata hatchling bubbly nose?

cookiesandcream

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hi! We noticed these past couple of weeks my sulcata hatchling (3 months old) has a bubbly nose. This only happens in the morning, every time we wake him up for soaking and basking. He's also making a sound sometime, even though we are a bit unsure whether it's a breathing sound or he is just squeaky. We already tried to increase his chamber's temperature (we bumped it to 34'c for a couple of days but we're afraid it was too hot, and now we put it back to 31-33'C) and make soaking water warmer, but still.

He lives in a closed chamber (temps and humidity are all alright; temps 31-33'C, humidity 80%), he gets a warm soak daily (30mins), his poops are good, urates are normal (not gritty, passing almost daily), he eats like a champ and pretty active during the day. He eats greens (hibiscus, spider plants, opuntia, etc. in rotation) and pellets.

I suspect rainy season as this past couple of weeks he only gets the morning sunlight 2-3 times a week since it's cloudy (usually, he gets morning sunlight every day for 30-45mins).

I tried to googled sulcata flu symptoms, and usually, the sulcatas are sleepy, lethargic and won't eat. However, my sulcata is pretty active, there are no clogs in his nose, and his eyes are clear. Since it has been a couple of weeks since the bubbly nose, is he okay, or is it a respiratory infection? Do I need to be worried?
I have attached his picture and his chamber. Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• tempImageGugoTb.png
    tempImageGugoTb.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagefO43Bm.png
    tempImagefO43Bm.png
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 18.49.48.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 18.49.48.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 1

cookiesandcream

Jakarta
When we increase the chamber's temperature, he sits and sleeps in his water. We suspect it was too hot that he needed to cool off to the water saucer, so we turned down the temps back to normal, and he went back to his cave.

cookiesandcream

Jakarta
Temps need to be 80-85 F day and night never lower.
Basking temp 95-100F
yes, the basking temp directly under the lamp is around 36'c (96-97'F), and the chamber temps is 30'c (around 85'F). The lamps were on all the time, so the temperature was stable. The soaking water is also always warm, so not really sure what went wrong...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
yes, the basking temp directly under the lamp is around 36'c (96-97'F), and the chamber temps is 30'c (around 85'F). The lamps were on all the time, so the temperature was stable. The soaking water is also always warm, so not really sure what went wrong...
The basking lamp needs to be off at night. Maintain ambient temperatures with a ceramic heating element or a radiant heat panel set on a thermostat.