Sulcata Gold?

leopard777

5 Year Member
My bad on leucistic, it more on pure white body and black eyes.

Yaouch

I never said mine were albino guys. I am 110% positive that they are Ivory. I'm just trying to take pictures of what I meant by my Ivory has pink/red eyes. I'm no expert but I done a lot of research on these babies before I decide to take them home. And yes price difference between albino and Ivory is 3 times the difference. Also albinos can not be baked in the open sun and their immune system is weaker then the average tort. You don't see much albino adults vs Ivory adults that are out there.....

leopard777

5 Year Member
albino and ivory which more expensive ? dont really agree of immune system weaker , they just lack the pigment

TopNotchBoas

Location (City and/or State)
Central FL
We're getting off on a bit of a tangent here but: Albinism does often result in weakened immune systems, lower reproductive rates, etc. It varies species to species, bloodlines to bloodline, and individual to individual.

leopard777

5 Year Member
We're getting off on a bit of a tangent here but: Albinism does often result in weakened immune systems, lower reproductive rates, etc. It varies species to species, bloodlines to bloodline, and individual to individual.

any links or studies related that albino causes weak immune systems ?

Yaouch

This is what I read from my studies and research. By no mean its set in stone. Albinism is a morph which the animal can not product color pigments. It does cost some health problems due to this genetic disorder. For example the pigment of their eyes are pink which can not stay in direct sun 24hr/7days, n some cases can cost blindness. Although I am new to the tortoise world, by no mean Im a noobie to the pet world. I have kept many many many pets from fish to lizards to turtles. I currently have 2x 300gal fish tanks, 3 dogs, 5 tortoise and many many exotic plants. Thats really nothing compare to what I used to have before I was married and with kid. I love collecting rare color morphs like albino, Platinum, and such, Fish ie lizards. For example I do see my albino Arowana vs my reg arowana, the albino tend to get sick more often then my reg one. It did need a little more attention when he was young. This is just one example for fish..... in some cases other albino animals are a bit different. I believe it comes down to the caretaker how experience they are and how well they can tell if the animal is not well. All my animal/pets I care for, I raise them from babies, I hardly purchase adults just bc I like to see how they grow, whats their personality like and how well they get along with others.

Last edited:

Yaouch

UPDATE: My little goldie is doing very well, I can see the pyramiding has gone down a bit. I soak all of them daily for about 20-30 mins and brush their shells with a toothbrush. He or she is eating like a beast..... I have never seen tort run that fast when come feeding time. Always the first to eat and the last to leave the feeding bowl. Also he is the only one that likes to chew on the cuttle bone. I think he will be a normal healthy tort..... All of my torts loves red radish, they always pick out and eat all the radish before any other feeds. Do you guys feed your tort radishes??

Here is updated pic

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I feed my torts radish every now and then. Cute little torties by the way. :D:<3:

WendyJae

How cute! I love the uniqueness! When i was looking for a second sulcata to adopt i saw one thats shell was honest to God a brownish red it was so beautiful. But she got adopted before i could get her:/