sulcata doesn't eat

Isaiah

Location (City and/or State)
Whittier
Hiii I just bought mine he or she about 3 weeks old doesnt want to eat nothing just wants to move around and sleep. I need help guys please is this normal?

Manila philippines
Hiii I just bought mine he or she about 3 weeks old doesnt want to eat nothing just wants to move around and sleep. I need help guys please is this normal?

I dont think so, i got mine the same age as you did, i'd say she needs some help with the food, you should feed her some leafy greens at first try some sweet potato leaves, and just tear it apart with your hands at first tear it to very small pieces.
Soaking seems to help too. Ask Yvonne for more info. You should find out whats wrong soon she might turn too sick if she was sick or something. Hope she turns out fine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is the tortoise shown in your avatar the tortoise you're asking about? I don't think that's a sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In his last post, he requested help identifying it.
I though that the colors looked Russian. But I've been so wrong often that I didn't reply.

The one in the avatar? It's a testudo, but not a russian. Greek or Hermanns maybe. We'll need to see bigger, better pictures.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

We will need more info if you need help. How are you housing it? Heating, lighting and UV? Soaking daily? Where did you buy it?

Isaiah

Whittier
His eating now thank god his eating kale mustard greens grass and mazuri tortoise food

Isaiah

Whittier
I think he was just getting use to his home moving around a lot didnt bother to look at his food now he does. His heat alway 95_100 and his cool side is about 80, 85

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Isaiah

Whittier
I soak them daily in warm water until they poop or drink water a lot about 10 min I mist him about 3times a day get a lot natural sun daily and uvb light while im gone and heat I got hom on Saturday from a breeder