1 month old sulcata tortoise

Trkevinn

Here are a few things I see.
1. They need to be soaked every day.
2. They should not be housed as a pair.
3. They need more warmth. The basking spot needs to be near 100 and the cool side no lower than 80.
4. They need it dark at night, but still at least 80.
5. You don't need a UV bulb if they are getting some sunshine daily, or a few times a week.

All the info you need to make adjustments and get them on track is here. Please read these:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/
And she keeps on making noise like if she's sneezing a lot what can that mean?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings, agree with all of Tom's points 1-5, also you need better temperature and humidity guages, AND you need to locate the probe where your tort is located (down on the substrate), not half way up the enclosure's wall.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
They had told me it's ok two have two of them bone male one female but I read that you can't really tell in the beginning who's male or female they don't really fight or anything in the beggining the male wasn't eating and the female use to eat a lot now it's the opposite but she hasn't been eating for 3 days thank you I been reading I hope it's nothing bad slams she starts eating again :(
View attachment 122426
They must be misinformed. Pairs seldom work out, especially as babies. You won't see them fight, but one will get the best basking spot, sleeping spot, eating spot, best everything, and the other will want to get out of there. When a baby stops eating it is usually caused by stress. That can be from being kept too cool ( your thermometer should be down at tortoise level), from being in a strange, often a new habitat, or by the presence of another tortoise. To house them together you will need a very large enclosure where they both can have their own territory.

Trkevinn

Th
There are four temperatures we need to know: Warm side, cool side, basking area and overnight low. Lack of appetite is most often caused by temperatures that are too cool. What are you using for heating and lighting?
I been soaking her with organic gerber carrots and she started eating a lot she's been walking and active now thank you Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry Tom for asking so much questions but why do you think she keeps slanting to the left side when she walks ?

No idea on that one. That's a new one for me.

Have you got your temperatures up where they need to be day and night now? Housing them correctly is the best way to get them healthy and keep them healthy.

Trkevinn

It's kinda hard for her to wake up it takes her awhile to open her eyes right now I have a spot at 100 temp another spot 80 another humidity at 70 but she doesn't want to eat again today is going to be the second day she don't eat again:( but when she wakes up and opens her eyes she looks active walking when she falls asleep she don't come out of her log all day so I have to keep waking her up every while to see if she wants to eat what may be wrong ?

Trkevinn

Have you got your temperatures up where they need to be day and night now? Housing them correctly is the best way to get them healthy and keep them healthy.

It's kinda hard for her to wake up it takes her awhile to open her eyes right now I have a spot at 100 temp another spot 80 another humidity at 70 I'm about to build her a different bigger home tomorrow so I can control the temps better but she doesn't want to eat again today is going to be the second day she don't eat again:( but when she wakes up and opens her eyes she looks active walking when she falls asleep she don't come out of her log all day so I have to keep waking her up every while to see if she wants to eat what may be wrong ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How are you keeping the night heat up?

If you are leaving the light on all night, that could be your problem.

Trkevinn

Hi tom She was eating more walking and everything but today she started staying still and opening her mouth every second like if she can't breath with her nose after I showered her with organic baby carrot food you think it might of got inside her nose?

Trkevinn

How are you keeping the night heat up?

If you are leaving the light on all night, that could be your problem.
Hi tom She was eating more walking and everything but today she started staying still and opening her mouth every second like if she can't breath with her nose after I showered her with organic baby carrot food you think it might of got inside her nose?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Showering the tortoise with a baby food mix. You are supposed to let them soak in it. No need to shower them with it.

Opening the mouth like that is often a sign of respiratory infection. Respiratory infection is typically caused by temperatures that are too low. I don't recall you answering the question about how you are warming the tortoise at night or what your four temperature are. Can you remind me if I missed that? Warm side, cool side, basking area and overnight low. And how are you maintaining the heat at night?

Trkevinn

There are four temperatures we need to know: Warm side, cool side, basking area and overnight low. Lack of appetite is most often caused by temperatures that are too cool. What are you using for heating and lighting?
Sorry I meant to say soak not shower I have a spot at 100 temp other spot at 90-95 and the cooling side at 80-85 they usually just stay on the warm side.at night the temp stays at 90-95 she was fine until I soaked her today and she kept putting her head under 50/50 water baby food so I had to keep moving her because I felt like she was going to drown

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds like she was trying to drink. They must submerge their nostrils and whole mouth to drink. The can hold their breath for 20 minutes easily.

What equipment are you using for heating and lighting?